xxxi. late night emergency room trips.

NOVEMBER 9TH 2018!
8:52 PM!
REAL LIFE!

LEANING UP AGAINST THE counter, i winced as my knee gave out on me once again

ever since a couple weeks ago, my knee had been giving me trouble and these past few days it had been giving out on me every once and awhile.

"pais,, you alright?"benny asked, looking towards me from where he was cooking us a late night dinner.

"yup."i hissed throughout the pain, gripping on the counter.

i heard benny turn the stove off, before slowly walking towards me, "what's wrong pais?"

"nothing!"i snapped, and started to walk away when my knee gave out again, making me start to collapse when arms wrapped around my stomach, catching me.

"mother fucker!"i yelled, as benny picked me up, placing me on the couch, making me look him in the eyes.

"paisley what's going on?"benny lifted my chin up, making me look him in the eyes while tears pricked mine.

"nothing i'm fine."i lied, and he shook his head with a bitter chuckle, "you're not what's wrong?"

"this could end my career."a sob broke through my lips, and i finally broke.

"what do you mean 'this could end your career' pais?"he questioned, and i focused on a picture of us from his senior night.

"it could end my softball career."i sobbed, "i looked up the injury and it said i could have a torn acl which would keep me out for the rest of the softball season."

"pais..."he wrapped me in a hug, and my arms hung loosely around his neck as i let everything out.

i was petrified that this injury could be a torn acl and i would be out for the rest of my career between recovery time with the surgery and then pt, this could put me out until july.

"we've gotta get you checked out tonight."benny said, and i slowly nodded my head.

benny grabbed our jackets, helping me get in mine before slipping his on, and giving me a piggyback ride to his car.

this is not what i expected for my thursday night.

"PEACHES WAKE UP."

i grumbled as benny stroked my hair, trying to get me awake.

it had been about two hours since we were taken to a room, and apparently tonight was the nights for accidents because when they went to take me earlier to the x-ray room, five people came in from a major accident and i'd rather them treat the people than me.

"you've gotta go get x-rays done."he kissed the top of my head as i slowly started to wake up and slip out of bed.

i followed the nurse down the hall, and i went to step when my knee gave out on me again, "shit!"

"someone get me a wheelchair!"she yelled, while holding me up and someone rushed towards us with one, "thank you."

"oh my fucking god."i rubbed my hands on my face as she pushed me down the hallway.

"your knee been giving out on your i'm going to guess?"she asked, and i nodded, "every fucking day."

we finally reached the x-ray room, and she helped me up, and into the room.

she had me lie down on a table, before setting everything up and getting the x-rays done before taking me back to the er room, finding benny scrolling through something on his phone.

"the doctor will be in a little bit."the nurse smiled as benny helped me get onto the bed.

after what seemed like hours, the doctor came in, and gave us a soft smile.

"your x-rays came back negative."he started, and i smiled a little bit, "but, from the fact that your knee has been giving out i am going to have you go for an MRI and get put in a brace along with crutches."

i threw my head back onto the pillow in frustration, and i heard the doctor leave.

this could be really big trouble for me.