Head.Cars.Bending

All four of the boys followed us to the room that Ross and I were staying in and they just wanted to help. Matty got ice, George turned the bed down and Adam gathered a shirt of Ross’ for me to wear. Ross helped me to the bathroom and helped me change my clothes. Then he shooed all of them away. He carried me to the bed and gently laid me down on the soft mattress. He propped pillows behind my head and handed me the glass of water. I took small sips and then handed it back to him.

“Are you hungry, baby?” he asked me.

“No. I just want to sleep,” I told him. “Will you come hold me?”

“You bet,” he replied and stripped down to his knickers then climbed in the bed with me. I rolled on my side and cuddled into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. I drifted off very quickly in the warmth of his embrace vaguely hearing him tell me how much he loved me and would always take care of me.

The next morning when I awoke, my neck ached a bit. I realized I had not moved most of the night and my neck was cramped from the angle of sleeping on Ross’ chest. He was awake and looked down at me as I stirred. I was still slightly dizzy, but I felt better, refreshed at least. As I sat up, I realized how much my face ached. I could see better out of my eye, but only slightly. I held my hand over that eye and moaned just a bit.

“Does it hurt badly, Brynn?” he asked me.

“Not really, it just aches. My whole face aches.”

Ross told me that the white of my eye was very blood shot and that the doctor in the emergency department had told him that I might develop more bruises before they started to get better and that the swelling would start to go down in a few days. He had recommended ice for the first few days and then warm compresses after to help the bruise start to absorb.

We laid in the bed for a long while, Ross rubbing my back gently and letting me just be there. Finally he said to me, “I’m sorry Brynn, I’m so so sorry.”

“Why are you sorry, my love? You didn’t do this to me and no one could have known.”

“I should have gotten that bastards address when you told me that he was trying to feel up on you and then … and then when I didn’t hear from you anymore. I would hurt someone if they had ….”

“You don’t have to finish that sentence. I would have let you.”

We stayed in the bed most of the day, Ross only getting up to go get soup and water and fluff the pillows for me. Matty, George and Adam visited multiple times, but Ross would have them leave as soon as I showed any signs of fatigue and I did that a lot. I napped at least four times that day and he just held me. We turned on the TV, but as soon as the news cut to a story about three American’s that were murdered in Mexico, he turned it off. He did play in my favorite movies though from the pay per view feature. He watched Shakespeare in Love pretty much by himself as I dozed throughout it. He also played Divergent and said he really liked it and couldn’t wait for the next movie. I’m not sure what else he watched, but I thought I heard a soccer game in the background during one of my snoozes.

Ross had George find a Best Buy and get me a replacement charger for my iPhone. My mother called and Ross talked to her. I couldn’t find the energy to hold the phone and talk but Ross held it to my ear so I could at least tell my mom I was ok, recuperating and that I loved her. Matty brought me flowers and a stuffed blue bear. It was cute and I smiled, but smiling hurt my face. Ross helped me to the bathroom whenever I needed to use it and he was super cute. He would help me sit down by holding my hands as I squatted to sit, but he would turn his back when I would urinate. I avoided the mirror as I was not ready to look yet.