For Crying Out Loud

Ross led me to the backstage door and opened it. Lou was standing there and was surprised to find us peering out at him. “We want to take a quick walk. Do you think we can sneak away, Lou?” Ross asked the guard.

“Yeah, but you better go now. I cannot guarantee there will not be a bunch of squawking girls here when you get back though.” Lou said.

“That’s ok. I’ll protect him,” I said squeezing Ross’ hand tighter.

“So, this is the lucky guy, huh?” Lou asked, winking at me and Ross.

“Yep,” I tell him, “this is the guy.” I tug on Ross’ sleeve a bit. He smiles broadly at me. “If I could ever be so lucky” he imparts.

The night air is crisp and clean. There are barely any clouds in the sky. I realize that we are in Paris. PARIS! And I haven’t seen anything yet.  Well, maybe next time, if there is a next time. I’m with Ross and I am fully content with just that.

“Are you cold?” he asks me. “Nope, just enjoying being with you,” I respond. I feel him sigh again. I love it when he does that. He is so expressive with me but I had never imagined that he would be that way. He seemed so stiff and stuck up when I first met him. But he totally isn’t. We walked down the street for a bit, arm in arm, quiet. Nothing needed to be said, it was a comfortable silence between us.

When we got to a four way, he asked me “Right, left, straight or backwards?”

“Um, your choice.”

“No, it is your choice. I asked you. Which way?” and he kissed me on the top of my head.

“Left” I decided.

“Good choice,” he said.

So we went left. But not far, because in front of us, as plain as the hard on his pants earlier, was the Eiffel tower! It was beautiful all lit up at night. I had no idea we were so close. I had been so wrapped up in being wrapped up with Ross that I hadn’t checked my maps or anything to see where I was or where I was going. It didn’t matter where I was going, or even where I was because all that had mattered all day long was Ross and my growing feelings for him. Maybe they had just been suppressed feelings, but they were very large and open tonight.

“I knew it was down here and I know you didn’t explore the town like you did when you were in England, so I hoped that we would go the right way. It is like you read my mind, knowing where I wanted to go and where I wanted you to go with me. It was meant to be tonight. I cannot believe this night. If it ended right now, all of it, I would be a happy man. Standing here, looking at this wonder of the World with the girl of my dreams, it is worth every regret and pain and suffering I have been through up until this moment.”

Then he stepped in front of me and lowered his head in for a kiss. I gladly reciprocated and reached my arms around his body placing my index fingers from both hands into his belt loops. He pulled back from our kiss and stepped behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and lacing his fingers together over my abdomen. I rested the back of my head on his chest and we stood that way for a few minutes just taking in the sight.

“We can’t stay much longer, because I’ve got to get on stage, but I will absolutely come back here with you some time in the future if you would allow me the pleasure,” he whispers into my hair. I feel him nuzzling his face on and into my hair and breathing deeply. “You smell delicious,” he tells me. “I’m getting turned on again, so that must mean it is time to go!” he declared.

“Oh,” I sighed, “yep, I guess it does. But promise me you will hold me like this again sometime soon?”

“You know it. Anytime and every time you want, dove.”