Part 6

Ethan's POV

"You remember Eric?" Alice asked. I glanced at her at her abrupt question. She was looking outside the window, seeing the passing by crowd, buildings and.. life.

"Of course" I replied looking back on the road.
"What happened Ali?"

Eric Parker was Ali's ex. They were together in university. Eric was a nice guy, really good in all the activities in the college and really popular too. He was rich, handsome, charming and everything any girl would ever want. They both were really in love, they were the perfect couple of college but their breakup was a shock to everyone and the reason was known to none, including me. After there breakup Ali dated other guys but it was never the same, she never forgot him.

Ali closed her eyes sighting, "Nothing, it's just that sometimes I get tired and frustrated.. there is never happiness coming for me. I try to be happy and cheerful all the time but at the end of the day I am lonely, I don't have anybody for me. In college, Eric was there. Always. It was the best phase of my life, you know."

I was silent. I usually don't really know how to comfort anyone, and seeing my best friend so broken breaks my heart. She is always good to everyone and to be honest, she never really got the attention and love she deserves.

"Ali, listen to me. Don't be sad, you have got all your life, you are young, you will find the right one for you and I am sure of it. You are not alone, okay? I am always there for you and you know that, don't you?" I took her hand with my right hand, rubbing her knuckles with my thumb to calm her down.

"No Eths! You are not understanding. I agree you are always there whenever I need any help, but I don't have you when I need you without any reason, without wanting any help! I don't have you to just spent some time together and relax, I don't have you just to sit and talk about anything! That's why Ethan, No."

I was silent again. Registering all that she said. Did I really failed as a best friend to her?

"I.. I am sorry Ali if you felt this way. I really don't know what I did to give you this impression, but.. don't worry I will be there for you now. You are my best friend and I care for you, just tell me whenever you want to talk or hang out, I will be there Ali, Promise." I completed as we reached her home. I smiled looking towards her, trying to reassure her.

She had tears in her eyes, she wiped her eyes hurried and and then hugged me tightly smiling at me. "Thank you Eths, Thank you. This means a lot. Really." I hugged her back smiling that finally I was able to assure her and calm her down.

After a while she went inside the house and I left for the hospital.

I reached hospital but the thoughts of my talk with Ali a while ago was still going through my mind. I reached the room to hear cries of a baby which actually brought me out of my thoughts. I went inside to see Char trying to make our babygirl calm, Yeah she is the one crying while the boys are just chilling in their cribs.

"What happened to my princess?" I said rushing towards Char as she looked up towards me , finally noticing that someone is inside the room. "I don't know Ethan! She is just crying since after a while you left. I have literally tried everything possible but she just doesn't stop!" She said giving me the baby carefully as I held my arms out.

Her tear stained and tired face really broke my heart. I love my princess and just can't see her crying. "Shh.. stop crying, daddy loves you so much and.. and I'll cry if you don't stop, okay?" I said rocking her in my arms. I hear Char chuckle at me, "you know I'm not really good at comforting! And I literally can't see her like this." I said glaring at her. "Yes, I know" she replied smiling faintly, she must be tired.

Till the time our little conversation got over, my princess was actually quiet and was smiling in my direction. I swear my heart never felt this happy, unless I saw my children the first time.
"You know that isn't fair! I was trying so hard and she literally just wanted you!" Char exclaimed. I laughed, "You know she loves me more and she didn't want her daddy to cry as well" I replied . "You missed daddy?" I said towards my baby, she smiled as I snuggled her to me. "Yeah, but my boys loves me too. They didn't cry, they don't want to disturb their mama." Char said glancing towards the boys who were both peacefully sleeping. "I love them all, so much" I said, smiling seeing them. "I love you all too, so much" she murmured but I heard it.

I was busy checking my recent emails on my laptop when Char cleared her throat to get my attention, that is her way to start any conversation that is serious or if she is nervous, always.The first time I talked to her, she actually did this which I didn't recognised at that time and she had to actually talk to make me understand like a normal person, but now I'm used to it. She's my wife now and I know her. "Yeah?" I said.

"Doctor came. She asked for the names of our kids to make their certificates before we leave. I said we would tell as soon as you come back." She said. I was a little hesitancy in her eyes as she said the last sentence, I don't know why, but it was there.

Genuinely guys, I lost hope on my writing and the story. But, today I'm starting where I stopped, these were some drafts which were already there. Soon will try to give my best to writing and new plots. Not expecting everyone to start reading this instantly, but here's me trying again.

Love love 💕