Chapter 1

Chandler Emerson's POV

I heard a loud crush while resisting futilely with Ianne. "Stop kissing me!" And I pushed her that made her fall onto the ground.

"Don't you want me now?"

"I'd never want a desperate girl. Now, excuse me." I said with rage and started to walk away.

"You were desperate for me then."

"And I am regretting that time!" I walk without turning my head.

Then I stopped. Malapit na ako sa place na iyon pero habang papalapit ay sumasakit ang puso ko. What is this!?

"Chan!" Aurisse called, running towards me.

"Chandler! You better come and see this immediately." She stated, crying.

"An-o bang nangyari? Bakit ka umiiyak? Bakit ang daming tao doon?"

"Sa tapat ng restaurant, naak... Naaksidente si Ken. Jeni already called the ambulance."

Pagkasabi niya 'nun, tumakbo agad ako kahit na sumasakit na ang dibdib ko. I hate this feeling, kapag ganito alam kong may masamang nangyayari.

Naiwan ko na si Aurisse at nakarating na sa kanto.

"Ken!" I plunged into the bustling crowd and saw her. My girlfriend, bathing in her own blood. She was seated on her car, unconscious. What happened?

Don't tell me.

She saw me? And what happened?
No, no, no...

Damn!

That was not it! Ianne just ran after me when I saw her in the flower shop. And kissed me. I can't cheat on Ken. And never will.

"Nasaan na 'yung ambulansya!?"

*Slap*

I was thrown on the ground. Jeni's slap was so hard, I can't feel my face anymore.

"You were that guy! You! How dare you!? What's gotten into you!?" Jeni bellowed with fine rage and was about to slap me again when Aurisse held her arms.

"Stop interfering Aurisse! That jerk needs lessons!" She shouted.

"You're making scandals. Calm down, Jeni."

"Okay, let me go." Aurisse let her go and she walked out. Dumating na rin ang ambulansya na galing sa hospital na pinagtatrabahu-an nila. Mabilis na inasikaso nila Jeni si Ken. Naghihingalo na siya.

Faster.

"Chan. I hope you were not cheating. Don't let our trust be broken. And if ever that happened, forget about us. You're not our friend anymore."

"I am not. But I'm sorry. Siguro ay nakita niya ako at inatake siya ng hika niya kaya naaksidente siya. It's all my fault. I can't blame Jeni."

"I think that, too." She approached me and patted my back.

"Let's go now!" She said and run towards the ambulance.

***

Nakikitakbo ako--umiiyak--sa stretcher kung saan nakahiga si Ken. Habang nasa kotse ako ay nag-sink in sa akin ang lahat which made me cry. She saw us, that made her crashed into the light post. Right now, I don't want to explain for my sake, I just want for my girl to be save.

Her face was covered with dried blood and she is still unconscious.
I don't wanna see her like this. Especially when it is my fault. I should have pushed Ianne harder.

"Mr. Emerson, you can't come inside now. Actually, you don't have the right to." Madiin na saad ni Jeni at tumalikod na. Ni-ngiti-an naman ako ni Aurisse at nagsalita, "We'll do our best, Chan. Faster team!" She promised.

Napahinto ako sa halo-halong emosyong nararamdaman ko.

'We will do our best'

That's not what I want to hear. Ayan din ang huling sinabi ng doctor nang binaril ni Mom ang sarili niya.

"They will not let Ken die." Saad ng isang tinig mula sa aking likod. I immediately hugged my Dad. He really knows what I want to hear.

He hugged me back. "Ken loves you, hindi ka niya iiwan sa ganitong paraan. Be faithful."

By that, nabawasan ang bigat ng aking dibdib. Father knows best.

"Mom loves us, too but she was tired, right?" I asked. Bata pa lamang ako ay namatay na ang nanay ko dahil sa matinding depression, nagpakamatay siya. 'Di ko man naramdaman ang kalinga ng isang ina habang ako ay lumalaki, nandyan naman si Dad. I admire him so much.

I heard footsteps that were approaching. We let go from our hugs and looked at Chandria. My older sister. "How's Ken?" She asked.

"Still in the operating room, darling. I'm going down for a meantime, you two talk, okay?"

We nodded to our Dad. And he walked away.

"Oh, Chan. I bet you're in shock." She said and hugged me.

"No, not me. Ken is. It's all my fault, Dria."

"What really happened? Could you tell me?"

***

After I told her, she spoke, "Yes, it was your fault, lil brother. You should have resist harder. Curse that Ianne. But I know Ken is fighting there for you. Was that severe?"

"According to what I saw, yes. She was unconscious, so much bleeding. That's why I think she's under operation. I..."

"I don't want to lose my girlfriend, Sis."

"You won't lose her. She will live. For you." She promised.

"And what would I say if she's awake?"

"Don't worry about that yet. Let's pray for her first."

"Okay."

"And by the way, Channing and Emerald want you to visit our house. They miss you,"

"I'll find time. Maybe, I'll bring Ken there as well."

She nodded and hugged me tightly. "Thank you, Sis."

"You're not welcome, lil bro." She smiled and walked out.

***

I waited in the waiting room while Ken's parents are in the café outside. It has been 3 hours, and no news yet.

I hope the operation goes well. I can't lose her. Kailangan ko pang bumawi. It's all my fault in the first place.

Sinilip ko ang labas ng room at nakita kong lumabas ang Doctor na palinga-linga. I dialed Tita's number and left a voice message.

Maya-maya pa ay natanaw ko na sila papalapit. Hanggang sa nagkatipon kami sa paligid ng doktor.

"The operation had gone well. Her body and vitals are stable but..."