Chapter 34

Chandler's POV

Dad has been so kind to command someone to clean my room and let me stay in his house for a while. He also let me to go to Ken's house. He said, "It's now or never" and wished me luck.

But I still argue with myself earlier. Would she be there? Would she forgive me for doubting her?

The doubts are still in my chest but I decided to bring it along with my stronger faith in God.

I have been stupid, who did she choose back then? Me. Did she give up on me? No. Did she complain about being just my friend in high school? No. Did she leave me when I rejected her? No.

So the question is why did I give up on her? She always chooses me since then but why did I doubt her? I am really the worst boyfriend. She's so soft-hearted and loving girlfriend to me, so why did I treat her like that? Oh, I am so ashamed of myself. I feel like she doesn't deserve someone like me but she still chose me. I realized, no matter how hard it is to win her attention, love and care back, I should be determined enough for her. How lame I was? I questioned her if she's going to choose that guy over me, of course she won't. She was just struggling with her mixed emotions and thoughts.

And today, one thing's for sure. I won't give up--no matter how much life will interfere on our way. I'm winning my princess back.

I hopped off the car and motioned towards the gate, then rang the doorbell.

It took approximately five minutes before her parents went outside. They are frowning, and I was reminded of what I have done to Ken, and Thaddeus. I hurt Ken's feelings. "Why are you here?" Tita asked, still scowling. I looked at Tito, then back to Tita, I saw anger and disappointment in their eyes.

I shuffled my feet in nervous, "I'm here to apologize for what I've done to them, especially your daughter."

"She's not here." Tita answered.

"Where is she?"

"At work."

"The same company?"

"No. If you want to apologize, we'll take care of it. Your message will be sent, don't worry."

"No, Tita. It's okay, I'll wait here." I noticed that they didn't invite me to come in which is kinda strange but it is okay. Maybe, they'd known what I did.

I know what I did either, and I think I deserve this treatment. In fact, they have been so kind to forgive me when it's my mistake why their daughter got into an accident and has amnesia in the first place. And I hurt their daughter again.

"Okay." Tito sighed and they headed back inside.

I am thinking to stay in the car but I decided against it, instead I stood and leaned my back on the post. I will just wait here until she comes.

Ken's POV

"We couldn't shoo him away. He said he'll wait for you." Dad uttered.

"He's not giving up, I know it. Hindi po ba kayo aalis?"

"Christmas leave, honey, remember?" Mom reminded.

"Oh right. I'll go to my room now, Dad, Mom." They nodded while holding hands, I saw they are so worried about me. "Don't worry about me so much. I promise I will eat normally from now on. I won't neglect my health. Sorry for worrying you but I promise from now on." I promised.

Mom held the side of my face and then hugged me. Dad did the same. After that, I locked myself in my room, and drowned in my endless thoughts.

I thought he had let me go but why he's come here? I was hurt but relieved because I thought he will not come back here. He should not have came back. Is he really won't give up? It's better if he will move on. What has made him come back? Oh, I thought everything is good but I was wrong. He is right down there, waiting for me. What is happening!? The fate is playing with me.

"Go away now please!" I mumbled to myself while at the window, watching him. "You need to distance yourself from me, please. Go away." As if he could hear me.

*

I saw Thaddeus walking towards our house.

Thaddeus?

No, don't! Wrong move! Wrong timing!

I immediately get my phone and was about to call him but think that Chandler will be suspicious of us.

What am I going to do!?

I peaked at the window again and my pressure slowed down. They are just talking and they literally shook hands. Oh, I know now, Chandler probably apologized. Thaddeus was delivered to the hospital and lost a lot of blood because of Chandler. But I wish Thaddeus knew what to act or else I am doomed.

Eventually, Chandler hopped on in his car--after he looked towards here so you know what I did--and drove away. Thaddeus must've deceived Chan. I am thankful of that.

He then looked to me and gestured thumbs up. I mouthed thanks and we waved goodbye.

"I'm so relieved." I muttered and got startled when there was a loud knock on the door. I turned, "Dad! Mom! Gosh, you startled me."

They chuckled, "You're cute when you get startled." And Dad startled me again and I was shaken up. "He's gone. Could you help us now?"

"Help you with what?"

"With the presents dear. We'll celebrate the Christmas in the orphanage." Mom answered this time.

"Oh, okay. Can I go there too?"

"Of course you can. That'll be a great idea! So, come on down! We'll wait you downstairs."

"Yey! Okay, be right there!"

Chandler's POV

I apologized to Thaddeus. He also had told me that Ken will not go home again because of work. He kind of made me believed 'cause he was from his house, and watching him from the rear view mirror, he didn't go to her house. I mean if Ken was there, he would crawl into their house. So, I will just come back some times.

I shook my head and scoffed. "Why did I apologize in the first place? Does he deserve it? If it wasn't for Ken and her parents, I would never apologize to that bastard. Obviously, he is stealing her from me." I am getting near on being crazy.

My phone rang suddenly and I decided to stop my car first. I retrieved my phone from my pocket and noticed it's Yejenia. "After a long time, you called me at last. Why did you call?" I curiously asked.

["Chandler. I went scrolling through our hospital rules and..."] She was panting, as if someone is chasing after her.

"What is it? Calm yourself first."

["No time. Then I cut off my shift because Hugh and I have a dinner date, and then someone covered my mouth but I somehow managed to run, and now I am in hiding behind the trees. I think it has something to do with what I found out, I kind of said it loudly. I don't know, I kind of sense something bad is going on in the hospital. Chandler, Euthanasia is il--Hmmp!"] I got up from leaning over and called her back again and again but she doesn't pick her phone anymore. What just happened? Who's chasing her? And why? What is that bad thing going on in the hospital?Why was the call cut off?

She's saying about euthanasia but it was cut off? Is she in danger?