Chapter 17

Ken's POV

"Don't tell me, I don't want to hide something from my brother. I know you love him Ken, with all your heart. Whatever the reason is, I know it's not for selfishness. I trust you. Goodbye, I love you." Chandria said.

"I-I'm sorry ate," It was all I could say. She nodded and hugged me and bid goodbye. My tears continuously fell from my eyes.

"I'll let you rest, pa-pauwiin ko muna si Chan."

Gustong-gusto kong sabihin kay Ate na may cancer ako pero may pumipigil sa akin. I've gone this far. I can't rid of this plan anymore.

I'm crying when she waved goodbye and closed the door. Ginusto ko ito, paninindigan ko ito.

***

"Baby?" Chandler called while knocking. My eyes are puffy and swollen from crying but I wear my mask again.

I smiled and said, "Come on in." Then, the door creaked open.

"I'm going home but I--" I interrupted him.

"It's okay if you can't come back by tomorrow, I mean if you have anything to do, it's okay. You are welcome here anytime. You have jobs, right?" I said. It's better if you don't come back anymore so that I don't need to see you sad, my love.

"No, I haven't accepted any projects since you were comatose. I'll come back tomorrow, honey. I'll come back everyday, and we will make new moments now you can't remember anything from the past. I love you." He leaned forward and kissed me on my forehead.

I know he missed my replies on that I love you, I can see it in his eyes. He misses every thing we were used to do.

Then, he cupped my face with his hands and kissed me on the cheek. "Never goodbye, I will always come back to you, my love." He smiled.

I know that you'll always come back, baby--so I need to make you feel I don't enjoy everything we'll do.

I need to reject your efforts.

*

"Dear?" My Mom called out.

"Pasok po, Mom." I answered. The door opened and I saw my parents. They hugged me all of a sudden. I can hear my mom. While my dad, he doesn't cry but I know why, I know my dad, he wants to be strong for us. And he used to tell me when I was young that 'bursting into tears won't help me and my mom.'

"Are you okay, Hija?" Dad asked.

"I don't know Dad. Every time I don't, I almost do. I want to be with him, always, the same as before but... it just can't. I wan--"

"You want the best for your man. We understand. Me and your mom know how much you want to run into his arms, we can see that in your eyes. Your eyes can't hide anything. We also know how much it hurts. We want to take the pain, but it is impossible. We need to be strong for you, baby. Be strong as well, which I already know you are. We're always here, my daughter. We love you." Dad stated, and Mom nodded. They both hugged me. I hugged back. I know it's tough for them too.

"I love you, too! Thanks, Mom and Dad. You don't neglect me. Thank you, thank you."

I am so lucky to have these two as my parents. They love with all their hearts. They taught me to be strong, and how to love unconditionally by raising me with it. I am the luckiest daughter alive.

"Mom and Dad? I want to go somewhere. I want this feeling to be gone. I want to let go of my weaknesses. This will be the last time. I will be strong from now on."

"That's good. Where?" Mom said, wiping her tears away.

"In our college house."

"That's my girl, strong as ever. Keep your spirit alive! We'll take you there. It's safe there, right? Maybe not, I'll call Thad."

"Thanks but no, Mom. I can--"

"He'll just guard you, please?"

"Okay, Mom."

"We'll see you tomorrow, dear." Mom backed away from us and called Thad. I guess it's okay.

*

Funny thing, Thad can live without working. He's the wealthiest friend I know. So, he's the friend that can be with me all the time. My girl friends have the lives of their own. I don't want to be a bother to them. Especially now, Aurisse's pregnancy is sensitive, she needs proper rest. And getting stress for me is not the proper rest, of course.

Thad drives me, very kind of him not to waver accompanying me. I looked at him, and smiled. I guess he noticed it because he looked back. "Why are you smiling? Because I'm still handsome?"

"You were handsome, are handsome and will be forever handsome." I chuckled.

"Yes, just like you. You will always be the prettiest girl for me." He said which made me smile. I don't know if he still has feelings for me, but there are things that better be keep as secret. I don't want to know.

"I'm not gullible, Thad."

"You are!"

"I am?"

"I mean you are the prettiest!" And as we are in the car, we laugh hard.

"Silly!"