Chapter 7

Chandler's POV

Three months had passed but Ken has not woken up yet. My engineering project had been finished two months ago. I did not receive any further projects to take care of Ken.

Thaddeus? We had made up, but I don't have to trust him fully. He's still here, he rents house near my house. I don't know at first but he said it was the only available house he saw. Or he wants to annoy me. Whatever it is, I won't let him do anything bad.

As of now, I am in front of Mom's grave. "How ya doin' Mom? We miss you." I asked. I also asked my older sister to come along but she refused for she's busy.

Suddenly, a cold air came to me. Napahawak ako sa scarf ko, it must be Mom. "I bet you're fine, Mom. I'm happy for you, Mom." I can feel her presence, like she's in front of me.

I burst into tears, "I want to be honest, Mom. I'm not okay, my girlfriend is not awake from coma yet, and I really blame myself, what if she doesn't wake up anymore? And it was my fault in the first place, I don't know what to do."

"You are my son. I know you, I know you'll soon find out what to do. That's Chandler. He doesn't give up, he loves his family so much, and especially his beloved girlfriend. It is not your fault, it is no one's fault." I heard, then I turned. It was my Father.

He always says 'it is no one's fault' and I am always relief to hear that from him. He's my inspiration and idol for my life. A successful pharmacist/chemist and business man and of course a good father to us.

I ran towards him and hugged him. He patted my back and messed up my hair. "I will always be here for you, my son."

"We will be there for you, too, Dad."

"I know, no one could keep us apart."

"Thanks, Dad."

"You are welcome, son."

Then once again, a strong cold breeze came to us. Siguro ito ang hangin kapag malapit na talaga ang All Souls' Day. Or maybe it's Mom, happy to see us.

***

Ninth of November.

I am rushing now towards the hospital, buti na lamang ay maayos ang trapiko ngayon. Tita called earlier, her voice was shaking, as if she was saying something but it was stopped 'cause I just rushed on the way.

I am really nervous, what was that call all about?

Pagkarating ko ay pina-asikaso ko na lang ang kotse ko sa staffs at tumakbo na patungo sa kwarto ni Ken. May mga ilan akong nababangga sa daan pero humihingi na lang ako ng pasensya.

At last, nakarating din ako. Nakita ko sina Tita at Tito na nasa loob ng room ni Ken, may kausap silang doctor. The same Doctor.

"Ayoko, Kennedy! I won't risk her life! What if magising pa siya? No, hindi ako payag."

"I was thinking the same thing. Doc, we'll wait some more."

Then, they may have felt my presence. "What's it? Tita, what are you telling me earlier?" I asked.

The doctor spoke, "I was saying that the patient's body is tired. And we were asking you if you want us to do euthanasia. What is your opinion about this Mr. Chandler?"

This is the day I fear to come. What to do? The choices are: letting her go because we know that she's tired already, or faithfully wait for her? If we let her die, she'll finally got her rest, she'll no longer dwell on hardships, and she'll be free. Without all of those apparatus. I know it is hard to fight. Is this the time to let go?

If we wait? We love Ken. I know we are all not ready to lose Ken. She still has so many dreams. We want to be with her until death. I want to do what Ken wants the most, I still need to wait for her on the altar, watching as she walks towards me. I am going to love her more. We're going to have children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. And we'll die together. We'll only die in the right time, not now. She has so many dreams for herself, for us, and nor was I.

"Chandler, we'll wait first right? I know miracles could happen! Please, they need a solid answer and unity. Don't let this euthanasia be done. We all know there's still a future awaits Ken." Tita pleaded. She held Tito's hand behind her.

"...And there's still a family who awaits." Tito's words motivated me.

"... And a man who is waiting for her lifetime partner." I continued.

"So, we are one?" Tita asked, completely hoping.

"Yes, Tita."

"We're going to wait one more month, I am sure Ken will awaken. Let's trust her,"

"And God."

''That is our plan! Ken will wake up, I can feel it! She's going to fight!"

Crying while smiling, we hugged together.

"There are loved ones who awaits you, Ken. We love you." I said.

We departed from each other but Jeni and Thaddeus came and ask for one more hug.

"We're all in this together! We had heard! We are not agree with that euthanasia!" Jeni, I mean Yejenia shouted.

Another yell from Thaddeus, "We are together since childhood, Ken! Just keep on fighting! I love you!" I am a bit confuse about that but Tito already pat his head.

All in all, I am happy. We are one. I know my Aurora can hear us. And if she's awake, she'll smile genuinely.