Chapter 36

Chandler's POV

Why I did not see that?!

The traffic lights go red, I slammed the steering wheel again, "Sh*t!" I am trembling now. I don't have an idea what she's planning. She probably has Yejenia and would kidnap Ken next.

"Faster!" I ordered and drove so fast that I almost bumped some cars. After minutes on the road, I finally got in front of their house. I ran to their gate and repetitively rang the bell. "Tita! Tito!"

I shuffled my feet uncomfortably. I am getting nervous. I got this bad feeling inside me. Please, I hope she's not abducted.

I peaked at the gate and saw them running towards me, they are panting. "Chandler!" Tita cried.

"Where's Ken?" I asked

A car stopped behind me and Thaddeus exited from inside. "Chandler! What is really happening!?" He asked, shouting.

"I don't know! Stop asking me questions! But one thing's for sure, Ken's in danger."

"I think she is. She's missing for an hour now. The kitten ran outside and Ken followed it, but she didn't come back inside, and now she's nowhere to be seen. We're worried." Tito explained.

Damn! Even her was lost. Where are they? This is driving me crazy!

"Have you searched the whole house and garden?" I asked them.

They shook their heads and Tita bursted into tears, "Where is my daughter?"

We must call the police now. "Stay inside. I'll open my GPS and connect it to your phone. Then, if we were lost, call the police. We must catch Ianne."

"Got it. But Ianne?" Tito curiously asked while hugging Tita.

"I think she's behind this, I can't think of someone else who can do this but her. Yejenia's been missing too. Okay, do what I told you. I am going to the police station." I explained briefly.

They nodded while Thaddeus shook his head, "I'll go with you."

"No, they need you here. Guard outside the house."

And I came back to my car. I sounded calm there but now I am alone, I felt scared either. So many questions are in my head, but no answers even to a single question.

I started the engine and prayed silently. I don't want to be late for them, especially to my girlfriend. Hang on there!

I was half way to get to the police station when a van blocked me in front. My jaw dropped. Armed and in black mask people hopped off the van and surrounded me. A bullet was fired through the window. I covered my head and dodged. Who are they? I can't see because their faces are covered and only the eyes are visible.

"Labas!" A man on the lead ordered and opened my door. I followed and raised my arms. One wrong move and I'll get shot.

"Sigurado ka bang iyan 'yon? Baka pumalpak tayo, malalagutan tayo kay Boss." The other man said.

"'E 'di humanda ka. Sigurado ako rito." Saad ng isa pa na boses babae.

"Oh sige. Nasaan na kaya 'yung mga kasama natin?"

"Ang dami mong tanong, i-posas mo na 'yan! Ma-ka-takas pa 'yan 'e." At ginawa rin ng babae ang ini-utos sa kaniya. She put my arms behind the and handcuffed it.

I found my courage to ask, "Bakit niyo ko kinukuha? Kayo rin ba kumuha sa mga kaibigan ko!?" And I back kicked the woman behind me. She groaned in pain. Then, I was hardly kicked at the back. My mouth spat out blood.

They seized me and pushed me inside their van. The leader pointed his gun to my temple and hissed, "Malalaman mo rin, ayun kung ma-bu-buhay ka pa." Idiniin niya pa ang baril niya sa noo. I don't want to admit but I'm getting afraid.

"Bakit hindi niyo pa sabihin!?" Dagdag ko pang tanong.

"Pa-tahimik-in mo nga iyan." Tumango ang lalaki at naramdaman ko ang matinding pagpalo ng baril sa ulo ko. I got dizzy and eventually blacked out.

"You're an idiot! Mali 'yang nakuha mo! I said kidnap her childhood friend, not her boyfriend!" I heard a voice of a woman scolded.

I opened my eyes slowly and observed the surroundings. It is a huge room with medical stuffs in the corner. It smells like a... laboratory?

"Gosh, you idiot! Buti na lang good mood ako, kung hindi papatayin kita. Hi, Chandler! So nice to see you again, unintentionally and unexpectedly." She hissed to the man beside her and shoo him away. The man said sorry to her.

My eyes are still puffy so I blinked several times and I saw her. I am right. "How dare you! Where are my friends!?" I think to hit her but my hands are tied behind the chair.

"Look around, babe." I heard some faint noises behind me but I can't turn my head. "Oh, right. You can't see them. Turn his chair around." A man followed her command and started to turn me around, while the others are still.

I gasped. I confirmed it--they are here. Their eyes are covered with blindfold and on their mouths are cloth. My friend, my girlfriend, even my Dad, gasping for air. No! Not them! "Let them go! Why do you need to do this, Ianne!? Just have me, spare them!"

She just laughed and played with her fingernails. "You're so dramatic! It's a pity to kill you but should I?"

Ken moaned and shook her chair. She is saying something like no, and my eyes released tears. I tried to let go from the tied up rope but I couldn't.

"I think your most-loved girlfriend wants the other option. She wants to die instead, should I kill her?" She stated as she approached her and held her chin. Ken winced and tried again to talk but she couldn't.

Then, she positioned herself between Yejenia and my Dad. Yejenia is breathing hard, while my Dad remains calm.

"Or your friend? Who was deceived by me and got mad at you. Stupid Yejenia. Do you want to die first?"

"None of us will die! Release us! Why are you doing this? Even my Dad? He had treated you good since then. Why?" I desperately waited for answers, and felt sweat trickled down from my temple.

"Oh yes. I clearly remember that he was good to me, so good. That's why," She'd cut her words and signed the woman. The woman removed the cover from Dad's eyes and mouth.

When the cover was finally removed, I saw my Dad's face, a grin spread on his face. He was released and he stood, "Hi, son! You're unexpected here but I think you should see and hear every truth that was hidden from you." He then smirked and gaze at Ianne. What truth that I need to hear?

I could feel the adrenaline surge into my bloodstream and my fist clenched--ready to hit something or someone--and my intuition has grown as well. "What?"

"That's why I decided to help him out under some conditions. You'll soon be mine." Ianne continued.