Chapter 8

Chapter 8

He was avoiding me. After that weekend at his house I didn't bring up the scars or the drugs or even Taylor. We had gotten so close in the past month and now he was shutting me out. Tonight was one of his football games. Win or lose, after the game there would be a party at his house, where I planned to talk to him. I had to ask him what was going on with us. This whole week whenever he would see me in the hall he would walk past me as if he hadn't seen me. At lunch he didn't talk to me, nor in class. Come to think of it he hadn't been talking to anyone and he seemed angry and sad all at the same time.

He wasn't the only one who has changed this week. After the first week, I started to spend more time with Cat and Chloe. The more time I spent with Cat the more I noticed how sexually active she was. She seemed to have a different guy over whenever I went over to her house to study or for the weekend. I picked up her phone one day and since I was naturally nosy I went thru her message. The sheer number of guy texting her for sex made me cringe. She was a slut. There is nothing wrong with it, I guess it was just weird to see a freshman, some who is the same age as me, sleeping with guys virtually every night.

As I was saying she had changed this week. She started to skip class, and had been caught twice with two different guys, once in the janitor closet and once behind the bleachers during football practice. She also seemed to snap easier and more often. I didn't know what was going on but I would find out by tonight.

As I thought about this I put the finishing touches on my makeup, I got up and looked through my closet. I decided on a slutty but still respectable outfit. I decided to wear one of Matt's shirt. I cut the shirt to form a t-shirt and cut the bottom so it would just barely cover the body-con mini skirt that stopped an inch of two above mid-thigh. Then I pulled the back to make it into a racer back. I knew this would annoy Collins. I was wearing a slutty outfit and whenever I wore anything that even remotely showed my body he would try and shield me from other guys and 2, I was wearing Matt's shirt. He had let it slip few days ago that he didn't like how close we were together, and how we joked about being in a relationship.

We were losing. It was the third quarter and we were down 10 points. Collins was throwing interception after interception, and he kept getting tackled. Finally coach took him out. It was obvious that he was off his game. After he was taken out we quickly ate up the difference in points with our backup quarterback and we ended up winning 17-28. After the game ended the team filed off the field and into the locker room. I wanted to get in there before the guys started changing.

As I neared the door I could hear the guys talking.

"What the fuck happened tonight C? Where was your head?" I heard one of the guys say. I think it was the kicker, Adam but I couldn't be sure.

"Idk ok! I just had a rough night."

"Well don't let it happen again." I heard the coach say before a door closed.

"Is it about Ali-cat?" now I know that was Matt's voice.

"Why would it be about her?" another guy said

"Because Collins likes her?" Matt said drawing out the word like. I could hear the guys whoop and holler and I knew it was the perfect time to go in.

"Knock knock" I said knocking on a locker, shielding my eyes. "Is it safe to look?"

"Yea" a few guys said at the same time, Collins responded with "Why are you in here?"

I unshielded my eyes and ignored him, running to Matt to give him a hug. I quickly let go, he was sweaty and stinky. He wouldn't let me go just yet. Instead he picked me up and twirled me around while the other guys whistled and hit the backs of my legs with shirts or towels.

He quickly put me down when he realized I was flashing people. "I missed you Ali-cat. Is that my shirt?" he asked grinning. "Yea, you left it at my house, when you stayed over a few weeks ago. I hope you don't mind, I cut it." He had accidently spent the night when we had to study for test. It was strictly platonic but I could tell Collins didn't know that, judging by his shriek "WHAT!"

I still chose to ignore him, instead laughing and turning to the other guys. "Good game guys, where is Austin?" I asked addressing the whole group. Austin was the backup quarterback and who had won the game. Collins was the first to respond "He's in the showers, princess. Why are you looking for him?" he asked

"Mind your business Collins" I said cooing at him sweetly. "Anyway what happened to you out there? You sucked." The whole locker room got quiet except for the sounds of water running. Anger flashed in his eyes and instead of responding he turned away from me. Shit! I was just teasing him. I walked over to him and put my hand on his arm lightly.

"Hey, look I'm just playing around." He still hadn't looked up "Whatever, you're giving me a ride to your house. We need to talk, soo hurry up."

I said turning to walk away but not before he looked up and into my eyes briefly. His eyes were sad and he was staring off into space. He looked angry but he nodded and said ok, before grabbing his phone.

I left before coach had come out of his office. I really hoped Collins told me what was wrong, because I wanted the regular one back.