Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I watched as he walked out of locker room and towards the car. He opened the doors and got inside without a word.

After a few minutes of sitting in unbearable silence I started to get antsy. I wanted him to speak first. I didn't want to seem like I was crawling to him but I'm the type of person that hates silence.

Silence forces me to think, and when I think I don't stop. I start to think about everything wrong in my life, everything I wish I could change, etc. I don't like quiet people either. I've never really understood why people are quiet or shy. To me, it's a waste. They let their whole life pass them by, too afraid to speak up for what they want or to say what they think.

I turned over in my seat to look at him, but before I could talk he said "Sit back and put your seatbelt on."

"No thanks, dad" I said, laughing, when his hands tightened on the steering wheel to the point where his knuckles turned white.

"Alison I'm not kidding, put your seatbelt on." He said yelling, his eyes shifting back and forth from me to the road.

It started to rain, pouring down sheets after sheets of rain. Where the hell had that come from? I just flat ironed my hair! I would look like a poodle by the time we made it into the house.

"Tell me what's going on with you, and I will."

"Wtf are you talking about. Don't be stupid Ali, It's raining. Put your seatbelt on." He urged, still trying to look at me.

"Look at the road and we'll be fine. And you know what I'm talking about, you've been distant this whole week. What is going on with you?"

"It's nothing." He said dismissively.

"Please tell me, maybe I can help. I don't like seeing you like this Collin. Please just talk to me" I practically begged. A few minutes passed, and he still wouldn't talk to me. "Pull over!" I yelled. He jumped, the car jerking slightly but he pulled over to the shoulder, and cut off the car.

I jumped out of the car as soon as the car had stopped completely. Fuck my hair, I started to walk.

"What do you think you're doing princess?" he asked.

I turned around to see him standing in front of his car. "I refuse to sit in that car with you one more minutes, if you don't talk to me. I didn't push you to tell me about the scars even though you said you would because its personal and I'm not going to make you tell me something like that. But this whole week, you've been acting different. You aren't talking to me, or anyone. You're soo cold. You and Cat. What's going on?" I said tears starting to mix with the rain. I hadn't realized he had been walking towards me until I stopped talking.

"Why are you crying baby girl?"

"I'm crying because, I care about you guys. Yall are my friends and no one will tell me anything. I asked Matt and Chloe and all they keep saying is to ask you. Is it something I did? I just want to help you, both of you. I know if I went to Cat she would shut me out and..."

He cut me off by wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Let's go to my house and I promise I will tell you everything."

"Promise?" I said looking up.

"Scouts honor." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the car.