"Because im already damaged beyond repair."

Chapter 14

*Alison POV*

"Princess, how did you know they were cut marks on my leg? Every girl I've been with, or everyone who has seen them always assumed they were from an accident or fall or something. How did you know the difference?" he asked me as I looked out the window.

I inhaled sharply. I wish he would've caught that. Today he had told me a lot, and when he told me about his cutting I wanted to tell him, but I didn't want it to see like I was trying to 1 up him.

"I have a lot of anxiety and weight issues and I've been bullied and I cut sometimes. Kind of like you. I only do it when I need control.

"Where?" He asked sharply. I noticed that he had the worst temper flare ups. He would be completely calm one minutes and the next he would get pissed over something stupid.

"On my left arm and thighs." I whispered under my breath but still loud enough for him to hear.

Before I could respond he had pulled the car off to the shoulder. He reclined his chair and yanked me out of my seat and onto his lap. I wished that I was the type to wear my seatbelt.

He pulled down the sweatpants I had borrowed, roughly. He cut the overhead light on. "Stop Jason will wake up." I said gesturing to the light to try and get him to cut it off. I never want anyone to see them.

"Shut up" he said slapping my leg, hard enough to get my attention but not hard enough to hurt.

He looked at the scars and rubbed at them harshly as if rubbing could erase them with his fingers. He rubbed until my skin turned red. He looked at my wrist, and because I had did them lightly they had mostly faded unless upon intense inspection. He gripped my hand tightly, squeezing lightly until I looked into his eyes.

I was surprised to see unshed tears prickling his eyes. "Why would you do this to yourself? God your perfect." He whispered, pulling me into a hug. In my ear he said "if you ever feel the urge to do this, I want you to tell me. I will willingly give you my wrist for you to mark as many times as you want and as deep and you want. Just as long as you never do this to yourself again."

"Why is it okay to mark yourself up, but you say I can't? Tears were now streaming down my face and he leaned and kissed me. We stayed like that for what seemed like hours before we broke away and went home.

After he put Jason down and I was nearly asleep he whispered into my hair. So low that if I was breathing, I would've missed it.

"Because I'm already damaged beyond repair."