"How Worse Could it Possibly Get?"

Mikey knew he didn't have long left. 7 hours to be exact. He was getting more ill by the minute, and was growing extremely weak.

As he was talking to Raph, all of a sudden, his eyes rolled back in his head and he started voilently convulsing nonstop.

Raph jumped up in shock, unsure of what to do. "Donnie, get over here, somethin' is wrong!" He yelled.

Donnie immediately ran to the spot along with Leo. "Don't panic...he's having a seizure...it's a side affect."

"W-What do we do?" Normally cool-headed Leo asked. "Just wait it out...he's in bed, so he won't get hurt."

So that's what they did. After what seemed like hours, but was really only 2 minutes, Mikey stopped shaking.

Froth was dripping from his mouth which Leo wiped away. "Help me turn him on his side." Donnie ordered.

They slowly moved Mikey on his side and his glossy eyes slowly fell open. "W-What happened?" He asked.

"Ya had a seizure little brother, it's a side affect, it's ok now...you're ok." Raph murmured, hugging Mikey.

Mikey coughed and whimpered. "Bros, my entire body hurts so much! It feels like my muscles are killing each other!" Mikey whined.

"That's from the muscle cramps, another side affect." Donnie explained. "It might get worse..."

Mikey moaned as another wave of sickness took over him, followed by dizziness. "G-Guys...how many of there are you?" He whispered.

"Uh...are you ok Mike?" Raph asked uncertainly. Mikey moaned. "Everything is...spinning...it hurt my eyes and head, make it stop..."

Donnie dimmed the lights and took Mikey's clammy hand. "Shh, just breath....it will stop in a moment."

Mikey nodded and waited. After a while, at least things weren't so blurry. But he still felt bad.

"Hey Mikey, before you uh had that seizure, what happened? Did you feel anything different?" Donnie asked.

Mikey nodded. "Dizzy...all of a sudden everything was spinning...like n-nowww." Mikey slumped over.

"Mikey!" Leo gasped, hurrying to help him as another seizure started. "Don, this isn't normal!" He cried.

"I know, normally seizures don't continue one after the other like this, something's wrong...well, more wrong than it already is."

As Mikey convulsed, they held him on his side and wiped away the spit from his lips. Mikey's glossy blue eyes stared back at them, lifeless.

After 4 minutes, it stopped. Mikey slumped over again and moaned. Raph took his temperature and gasped.

"Uh oh...guys, no wonder he's havin' a seizure, his temperature is at 106°!" He shouted. Donnie paled.

106° was a grave temperature, not many could survive that. "Grand mal seizure...that's that it was." He said.

"Huh?" Raph murmured. He stroked Mikey's head lovingly as the exhausted turtle lay on the bed.

"A grand mal seizure, it usually happens during a really high fever... Mikey's fever is way, way too high."

Like they'd been doing, they carried him to the bathtub and filled it with cold water. Mikey hated that...

"It's serious guys, if the temperature goes over 105, it can cause brain damage or even a coma!" Donnie explained, reading the canister.

"No...so, even if he does get the antidote in time...he could have permanent brain damage?" Raph asked, tearing up.

Donnie nodded. "We caught it in time though...we'll have to wait and see if there are long term affects."

Leo took a deep breath. If the fever kept getting worse, Mikey could fall into a coma...he may never awake.

"Mm?" A weak voice mumbled tiredly. Leo looked down at his shivering little brother. "It's ok Mikey, the fever is just really, really high."

Mikey didn't like that. "But...how high was it?" He asked. Leo sighed. "106°, if...it gets more severe you may suffer brain damage or a coma."

Mikey's eyes widened. "But I won't... right?" He pleaded. Donnie hugged Mikey. "We don't know...but we hope we caught it in time."

Meanwhile...

Splinter sat on the plane ride back. He was weary, unable to sleep for days because he worried about Michealangelo's condition.

He kept the blossoms in his bag, close to him. Japan was just as beautiful as he remembered. No one even paid him much attention.

As much as Splinter wanted to visit his old town, he knew there wasn't time. Maybe when this all blows over, they can take a trip to Japan.

All of them.

Healthy and well.

Together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey readers! Short, I know! I promise the next chapter will be longer as it will determine the ending...will Mikey live? Or die?

Plz Comment and Vote!Thx Enjoy 😘😍

Thx Enjoy 😘😍

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😺😸😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕