TWENTY SEVEN

"where'd you go?" jungkook asked, sitting up tiredly in his bed with his hair all over the place and his eyes only partially open

taehyung smiled softly at how cute jungkook looked before sitting in front of him on his bed with two bags in his hands.

"i felt bad because you bought so much on our date today and i wanted to pay you back so i bought us food and... i also got you a little gift." taehyung mumbled the last part quietly, scratching the back of his neck and glancing up at his roommate to see his reaction.

jungkook was smiling so much that his eyes crinkled.

"you didn't have to do that. i told you i wanted to spoil you." jungkook said and taehyung blushed, shaking his head and opening the gift bag.

he pulled out the velvet box that had the 't' necklace in it and set it in front of jungkook.

"before you open it, i know it's only our first date and this gift is a little much but i wanted to get them now because... i wanted this day to be memorable. if you don't like it, you can just tell me and i can return it... but i got us matching ones i guess." taehyung muttered and jungkook chuckled at how cute taehyung was being.

"i'm sure i'll love it no matter what—"

"wait! um- i also wanted to tell you that i really enjoyed today and i'm sorry for falling asleep on our date. i loved watching the sunrise and taking pictures was a lot more fun than i thought it would be. overall, i just loved today and i'd relive it over and over again if i could." taehyung blurted out and jungkook smiled, reaching up and cupping the older boys cheeks in his hands.

"you're adorable." jungkook kissed taehyung's lips and winked at him as he pulled away. "i loved it all too. and don't be sorry for falling asleep because even then it was nice being with you. we can go on plenty more dates and relive today in the future. now... can i open it?"

taehyung blushed and nodded, looking down at the box as jungkook slowly opened it.

a small gasp escaped jungkook's lips when he saw what was inside the box. it wasn't anything he would've expected but he loved it.

"taehyung, i love it. thank you baby." jungkook smiled and pecked taehyung's lips again, taking the necklace out and clasping it around his neck.

"didn't you say you got us matching ones?" jungkook asked and taehyung nodded, snapping out of his trance and pulling out the other box.

he opened it and pulled out the necklace, clasping his around his neck and showing jungkook the 'j' pendant.

"these are so cute. it's better than anything i bought you." the younger pouted as he looked at all the bags beside his bed. "no! i'm sure it's not." taehyung said quickly making jungkook smile as he got up to get the bags and set them in front of taehyung.

"i just got a few things i know you'd like... nothing as special as these necklaces but i still think you'll like them." jungkook said and taehyung smiled softly, going through the shopping bags and thanking jungkook for every item.

jungkook had gotten taehyung a lot and taehyung liked every single thing and he was grateful that his roommate was willing to spend all this money just to get him things that made him happy.

"thank you kookie." taehyung moved the things out of the way so that he could hug jungkook. "you're the best." the older whispered as jungkook's arms wrapped around his waist.

"no, you're the best." jungkook said playfully and taehyung rolled his eyes, giggling softly and shaking his head. "we're not gonna be that type of couple." taehyung said without thinking and jungkook pulled away to look at taehyung with his eyebrows raised.

"couple? us?" jungkook questioned and taehyung's eyes widened as he realized what he said. "no! i didn't mean couple! i meant— i didn't mean to say that." taehyung said quickly and frowned when a smile broke out on jungkook's face.

"you're." jungkook pecked taehyung's lips. "so." another peck. "fucking." another peck. "adorable." jungkook kissed his lips once more before pulling away with a smile on his face.

taehyung blushed and looked down, embarrassed after what he just said and just overall how he's been acting around his roommate recently.

so much had changed in such a short amount of time and his heart couldn't keep up.

"should we eat?" taehyung changed the subject, picking up the bag of food he brought back with him. "sure. we can talk about the couple thing later." jungkook winked at the older which made his heart skip a beat but he tried to act as if he wasn't affected at all.

"so.. how'd you sleep?" taehyung asked, jungkook laughing as he leaned back against his headboard. "gosh, you're so cute. i slept good but i would've preferred to wake up beside you." jungkook said as he took a bite of the food taehyung bought them.

taehyung blushed again and covered his face with his hands, pretending to be rubbing his eyes.

"my heart is literally going to explode." taehyung mumbled and jungkook chuckled. "how'd you sleep?" jungkook asked and taehyung shrugged, beginning to eat with jungkook.

"perfectly fine. i was pretty tired so i had no trouble falling asleep." taehyung said and the younger hummed, tugging lightly on the sleeve of his hoodie that taehyung was still wearing.

"you look cute in my hoodie." jungkook smiled and taehyung blushed again, thanking jungkook quietly. "it's comfy."

taehyung pulled the sleeves to cover his hands, loving how big the hoodie was on him. he smiled shyly at jungkook who just looked at him with nothing but a look of adoration in his eyes.

things were different.

the two looked at each other differently now and it was beyond clear to not only themselves but to everyone around them.

they never hated each other. that was just a cover up for the feelings they actually had for each other and they were finally realizing it themselves.

"taehyung?"

"hm?" taehyung hummed, looking up at jungkook.

"would you like to go out with me?"

TAESTAN
don't you just love it when things in the story are going good?
well 🙂

TAESTANdon't you just love it when things in the story are going good?well 🙂

listen to suga's interlude and support suga and halsey
love you guys ❤️