Dilemma

"What about Prius?" April muttered in worry.

When Prius return with his sword, he noticed that the chief is talking about him. He hid along the corner so that they could not see him but still can listen through.

"As close friends of Prius, I am here to notify you that tomorrow Prius will be executed in the battle."

As the sentence ended, Prius was struck with many emotions, disbelief, heartbroken, and many more. "That's not true! Why would you do that?" Valemar said in disbelief.

"Because of his low progress, the King decided that he should be executed in the most humanely way during battle and because it is an order from the King, no objection must be observed" the Chief said in a straight face.

"No way... I'm doomed." After Prius muttered to himself, he quickly ran away silently so that he wouldn't be noticed with tears across his eyes. He hid inside his dorm alone in the dark. Regretting every second of his existence, wondering what will happen tomorrow.

After the Chief left, the four noticed that Prius was still gone. They started searching for him around the barracks, when they looked at his room; they found out that the door was locked.

Knock, Knock, Knock

As Prius noticed that someone was knocking on his door, he immediately figured that it was his friend trying to find him. He tried to keep silent but failed as April opened the door with her Psychic Art: Transfusion.

Psychic Art: Transfusion
Art of fusing any form of matter with a foreign substance to cancel spells, decay or strengthen matter. After the procedure, the spell can be cancelled and return the matter to its original state.

After she successfully evaporated the door with acid, April quickly found Prius sitting alone in the corner sulking and tears on his eyes. Silence filled the room as fast as a bullet. After a minute of staring at each other. Arjie spoke up, "What are you doing?"

"Yeah, are you okay?" April said with a hint of sincerity.

"I'm fine." Prius said weakly. "Are you su-" Arjie was about to speak when Aniello cut him. "It's okay Prius were just going to gather the weaponry for tomorrow." The four left the room with Prius alone in his dorm.

"Why did you leave him alone?"

"Trust me, in moments when he is upset, just leave him alone."

"Why then was he upset in the first place?" April wondered.

"It's impossible that he knew about the news. When I looked around the corner he was nowhere to find." Aniello responded.

"Let's just leave it there, it's not our business." Arjie spoke.

Later in the night

"There is no use for grieving; I've got to face my fate. Even if it is unpleasant, I must face it." Prius whispered to himself, wiping his tears off his face to go to sleep.