Chapter 1

I'm about to pass the football to Jim when I see my dad stumbling on to the field. Everyone froze were they were at when looked at him. Just by the way he looks you can tell he is drunk. I took off my helmet and jogged over to him.

" What's wrong dad?" I asked him when I got to him.

Out of no where he back handed me in the face and turned around and stumbled away like nothing happened.  Holding my Stinking face tears streaming down as I watched him go back up the hill. He has never laid a hand on me in till now.

Jim and Mike came up beside me. Jim brought me into him. I rested my head on his shoulder and letting it all out.

" Practice is over. I'll see you tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. for practice." Mike says to the team.

After a couple of minutes I stopped crying and pulled away from Jim.

"Sorry you need to go get ready for you date." I tell Jim while I wipe my face.

" Are you sure? I can cancel I'm sure he'll understand. He just saw you get back handed by you dad" Jim replies.

I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yes I'm sure now go shoo.  I'll be okay. I think he is just mad because he just read my note. That was saying that I couldn't take it anymore and so I moved in with y'all. Now go." I say. Finally he walks towards the school.

" Come on Lily lets go home and you can take a shower while I make dinner. If my son isn't back home after then we can watch a movie. That is until he comes home after his date, so y'all can gossip about it. And be like "Is he a good kisser? Y'all did kiss right" and then he will be like " Uh, ya we did and it was amazing. He is so cute and sweet." the you will giggle "HeHeHe"." Mike says which make me laugh.

" How did you now? Plus I don't giggle." I say as we get in the car.

" Yes you do. It's actually cute." he says while starting up his car.

I blushed so I ducked my head down. "Jesus he is your best friends dad stop it." I tell myself.  To tell the truth I've had a crush on Mike since I was 16. I know it's not right but he is handsome, nice, loyal, and has a good personality. All the things I'm looking for in a guy. But this man is Jim dad and he is 38 almost 39. Plus he probably doesn't feel the same way about me.

" What are you thinking about.  You've got that look on you face." Mike says interrupting my thoughts.

I don't know what to say.

" Um, a lot of things are on my mind."  I reply .

We pulled into a Italian restaurant. I looked at him with a confused look.

" I didn't go to the grocery store. So I don't have the ingredients for the meal I want to make. So we are going to eat here." he tells me.