Chapter Two

Mike shot down four things of whiskey under five minutes.

" Are you ok?" I asked him.

" Ya, it's just I've got to tell you something. Jim already knows he has for two years. He really hadn't said anything about it until recently. He has convinced me to tell you." he paused as the waitress set down our food in front of us.

When the waitress left I looked over Mikes shoulder to see Jim and Zack sitting down at the table behind us. Jim had a mischievous  smile.  I shook my head and picked up my bread to take a bite. I closed my eyes because the bread tasted so delicious. When I opened my eyes I saw Mike just staring at his food very quiet.

" Are you okay?" I asked him. Then took another bite of my bread.

" Yes,  just trying to figure out how to tell you what I have to tell you." He tells me.

Now he is looking at me with is bright blue eyes. He has this weird look in them that I don't know what it is. We just stare in each other eyes for a while.

" How about I take a few guesses." I say with a mouth full of pasta breaking the silence.

He just nodded his head.

" Okay. Here are my guesses You're secretly a Russian spy.  You are a robot made by the government. You killed some women then kidnapped her child. Which would be Jim. Then you smuggled him into the U.S.. You're a prince from another country. When nobody is home you like to dance around the house naked and sing on top of your lungs. I say.

Mike, Jim, and Zack are busting out laughing. Everyone is looking at us. Which made my face heat up with embarrassment.

" You Lily Jorden watch to much TV and read to much." Mike says while clutching his stomach from laughing hard.

" So I take that it's none of those. Not even dancing around naked and singing on top of your lungs. When nobody is home? Not even once?" I say

" No none of those. And Who dances around the house naked and sings on top of their lungs. When nobody is home? Never mind don't know why I asked." He replies back. With humor in his eyes. Which made me cross my arms.

" Hey now. I was feeling low a couple of weeks ago. Then I remember reading a book and the girl would dance and sing on top of her lungs naked to feel better. Afterwards I felt better. It was actually fun. You should try it one day." I say then stuff food in my mouth.

Mike just shook his head.

" Please Lily don't give him any ideas. That's all I need to see when I come home. But you on the other hand might like that." Jim says winking at me. Which made me bright red. I picked up a meatball and threw it right in the middle of Jims head.

" Is that so Lily?" Mike says with a smirk on his face. All I wanted to do was crawl under the table. So I decided to change the topic.

" So what did you have to tell me Mike?" I asked him.

After I asked him that his smirk turned into a frown and he started to stuff his face. I looked at jim who just shooked his head.

" Since you aren't going to tell her dad then I will." Jim says as him and Zack bring their chairs to the table.

" Now lets get to business.   Alright Lily dad likes you. Not in like he likes you because you are his son best friend. But in like in I want her to be my girlfriend. A couple of days after he told me. Well I had to force it out of him to tell me, but any who you told me you had a crush on my dad. That was two years ago. Now that you of age he want to know if you would like to be his girlfriend? If you ask me I think you should go for it. Zack thinks so too." Jim tells me.

I look at mike who is looking at me. I can't believe that this is really happening.

" Will you be my girlfriend Lily?" Mike asks me.