Chapter 5

Lily POV
As I was walking down the hill to the football field I see my uncle and a boy I have never seen before.  As I got down the hill and to the field my uncle comes to me and give me a hug. Also I forgot to tell you my uncle is also the school principle I also have another uncle but that is for another time. As he pulls away from me I see the boy smirking at me.

" This is John Cox he is a new student here. He will like to try out for the football team." Uncle Charlie says while shaking Mikes hand.

" Well welcome John. I'm Mike the coach and this pretty girl here is Lily. What position are you interested in?" replies Mike as John keeps staring at me. Which is starting to creep me out. Has he never seen a girl before?

" Quarterback Sir." John replies still staring at me. When he said that everyone looked at me with shocked eyes. Ever since I've been on this team no one else has tried out for quarterback because they now I'm the best they have had in years.

" What do you think of that Lily. You think I would be good enough?" John asks me while smirking.

" I don't know are you?" I ask with out mentioning I will be his competition.

" oh, I'm good at a lot of things if you know what I mean. You make a cute manager." he tells me.

" Um, thanks John but I have a boyfriend for one and...."

" He wont know a thing in less you tell him" John says interrupting what I had to say.

" Well I don't have to tell him because it ain't going to happen buddy. Plus my boyfriend can hear you."

" Well it was worth a try." John says shrugging.

" Well guys enough chitchat one lap around the field including you John." Mike says then blows the whistle.

As I was about to take off I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and then being pulled into a chest I know so well. Mike rests his head on top of my head watching the boys run which I should be doing. But I don't mind just snuggling with him right now because I'm upset about John. Like who does he think he is. He may be cute and all but my boyfriends is everything he is not. I'll never cheat on Mike in a million years. I know that John didn't know we were dating but you shouldn't tell a girl to basically cheat on your boyfriend. Like who does that especially when you just met them. Like come on man there is plenty of girls in this school and town to pick from who is single. Pick on of them. I've known him for only 15 minutes and he has already irritated me.

When they finished their lap Mike lets me go so I can gear up for the scrimmage. I see John watching me curiously. Buddy you have it all wrong I'm not he manager but you would have none that if you didn't interrupted me with your cocky ass self. I think to myself. I smirk at John before butting on my helmet. I took my spot behind Billy and looked over at John to see a shocked expression on his face. Which made me smile. I am no damn manager and if he thinks he can take my position he can think again. Coming in with his stuck up ass thinking he is the king. Nope he has another thing coming for him.

******************Authors Note*******************

I'm so sorry it has taken a long time for me to update. I've been so busy with school. I