Danganronpa

Now I would recommend you to play/read the visual novel+shooting game of it before you read the manga or watch the anime of it...

Genre: School life, mystery, adventure
, comedy, shounen.

Writer: Kodaka.
Character designs: Rui Komatsuzaki

Danganronpa is a series of visual novels starting from Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. You'll need to follow the sequence and in fact, I'm still on Danganronpa:2:Goodbye Despair...But with watched this much can tell me that Danganronpa is an awesome VN with a deadly concept. Think it of a great combination of Ansatsu kyoushitsu with Boku no hero academia...Yet very orginal.
This series has 15 students entering the Hope's Peak Academy only to be trapped by some other living teddy bear, possibly a robot named Monokuma. Each game has different students to it.
The murder mysteries go from very basic to extremely messed up at times. So, you will have a hard but fun time finding those. The characters are probably one of the most driving parts of Danganronpa as most of them have some kind of different talents and tropes. The characters are quite greatly designed and they get better in the later games too. They all have some significant hairstyles to them...

When I talk about story then, I honestly think that Kodaka should have started to get into the characters backstory earlier, at least in Danganronpa:1. Everything was pretty awesome and cool but there was little time on even the most important characters. I can only think of Byakuya who had his back story revealed at early game. Otherwise everyone got good amount of screen time and Danganronpa:1 is a solid 8/10 for me.( I usually give 6 and lower to most anime/manga!!)

I'm still on Danganronpa:2, but I had to review this as well...And that too at very early game...So, DR:2 had some good changes and improvements. They changed the setting and many other things as well as the students.  More features came and you'll start to feel why it is called both a VN and a shooting game... Despite the very fact that DR:2 has more story than DR:1. Character designs improved a lot and I would like to argue on something... Sorry, but it looks like I'm starting to write an essay...

The characters: Most fans argue that character wise DR:2 is better than both DR:1 and V3, which I think is completely wrong. Danganronpa:1 had a pretty good cast of characters. There are characters who are annoying yet charming like Celeste, a rational yet secretly full of emotion like Kyouko. Incompetent, fool, ignorant, arrogant yet a helping friend like Byakuya. There are many cool parts in some of the characters so don't let your faith down. DR:2 has a great cast but don't underestimate DR:1...! Do you need more proofs?!

Danganronpa:1 8/10
Danganronpa:2 9/10 [Can get a 10/10.]