Shoujo Mangas You Should Definitely Read and Shoujo Mangas You should Avoid

Shoujo manga you should read:

Fruits Basket

It's a beautiful manga with a lot of plot twists and turns. Even if it is full of many normal shoujo tropes- it's definitely something different at the end and the art is really aesthetically pleasing.

Shoujo manga you should avoid:

Hot Gimmick

It's just bad. The story and the characters are... something very controversial, however it's also very popular and some people love it too, but if you haven't read it; I recommend to avoid it. Find a better manga.

Shoujo manga you should read:

Zettai Fukujuu Idol

The artstyle is really sweet and cute, but it does not hesitate to make itself hot when it's necessary!! (No... It's not smut) An engaging story with a very short number of chapters, it's an enjoyable manga that can be read in one sitting!

Shoujo manga you should avoid:

Yowamushi meikyuu

The plot is almost non existent, and it feels like some over the top almost NTR-ish version of Kyou, koi wa hajimemasu and mitsu x mitsu drops (I think that is the name...) The characters are overall bland and in my opinion it IS the Sao of shoujo mangas. Minami Kanan has way better mangas, so please check them out.

Shoujo manga you should read:

Not your idol

This is an interesting shoujo manga, with a tough, psychological and realistic plot. The plot focuses on the darker aspect of the idol system. Viz: Shoujo Beat is going to release its first volume soon, so wait for it.