Chapter 3: Nightmare Ride Pt.2

After putting my number in his phone, and making him hard for what seemed to be the thousandth time, my mother pulled up. Prophetess Shekinah, my beautiful mother was an avid minister of the gospel and didn't hide it. " Lyric, get in the car now i'm hungry!" my mother yelled from the window. As I walked to the six series beamer, I noticed Michael walking close behind me.

"What are you doing ?" I question, a little weirded out by him following me when I had won the game.

    "I'm walking you to your ride" he replied as if I hadn't already noticed the obvious. Being a preacher's kid, as well as a respected community activist and seer, I made sure that my family nor friends knew about my private times I had with the dark, and my mother of all people was not about to find out now.

"Thanks, however, that won't be needed sir" I say putting him off as a stranger, but he didn't stop. He kept following me, and to keep from making a scene I let him open the door for me.

    "Take an easy young man, and have a good afternoon ma'am" he said to my mmaa. You could tell from the way that he said it respect was not the usual for him. I just kept my eyes and breathing as calm as possible because one wrong move and my mother would ask for my hands without a doubt. My mother is a powerful seer even in her ignorant state, and although I could always manipulate it and show her what I "wanted" her to see' it would prove to be foolish attempt with my heightened emotions.

    "What was that about Lyric ?" my mother asks me.

"Nothing ma, he just wanted to wait with me because you weren't here yet" I reply facing forward to avoid any problems.

    "Lyric, what's going on with you ? I can't help you if I don't know what you need"

"Nothing mama..." I respond slightly agitated already. " Mom I appreciate your concern, I truly do, but i'm fine" I say observing her looking for something... anything to shift matters off of me. As I look her up from head to toe I notice a lightened ring matk beginning to fade away. The perfect opportunity to change the subject and shift her focus off of me.

    "Where's your ring mama?" I ask her innocently knowing to expect silence. My mother's ring has been missing for a while now, and from what I recall I don't even remember her ever taking it off. So later as we continued to drive I asked again, however this time, actually wanting to know. "Mama, where is your ing ?"

"What do you want to eat Lyric" she asks me completely ignoring my question. This completely threw me for a loop. I knew things weren't great between my parents but this was on a whole other level.

    "Ma, I didn't ask you about food, I asked you about your ring" I said to her not willing to change the subject.

"What ring Lyric ?" She asks as if she had somehow developed amnesia. But sister girl had another thing coming, because out of all of her children, i'm the child that dont mind helping her remember.

    "Your wedding band mama...your covenant with my father, where is it ?" I inquired firmly, making sure she knew I was agitated and unwilling to let it go.

Finally, after a moment of silence I hear "I don't know Lyric, I lost it"., and for that moment that answer was good enough for me because my phone went to vibrating. I didn't recognize the number at all, and was too cautious to chance anything so i decided to ignore it for a while before reading it. However, even after that decision I looked down to see that I had received a picture message from the mysterious number... and for some odd reason I had the urge to see who this was and what they had sent me. I put in my password (my mamas birthday) and was instantly slapped in the face by the picture. Eleven plus inches of pure redbone pipe.I was blushing so that you would've thought that I had been caught with my fly down.

"Lyric, what you are looking at on your phone ? Got you red as a candy apple

"Lyric, what you are looking at on your phone ? Got you red as a candy apple." My mama asked me. Knowing I had to be quick on my feet I lied.

    "Nothing mama, just crazy behind sister posting her business on Facebook"

"Who that ? Precious?" asked my mother clearly thirsty for some gossip.

"Yesss mama, she on here posting about that no good nigga of hers as usual" I say knowing that I had dodged potentially troubled waters.

"I swear boy, that girl almost thirty and you're more responsible than her !" my mama said proudly. If only she knew The Sins of her Church Boy.