Chapter 5:Ghost Don't Die

As we pull up to this baroque building, completely polished in mock Harlem graffiti, I feel a tug in my spirit. "Something is definitely wrong" I think to myself. " Michael something doesn't feel right about this place" I say in a very concerned tone.

"What's wrong Lyric ? Everything seems fine to me" he replies trying to reassure me. He went on about how hype I previously was about coming here, and how he wanted to make this a special night. However, for some reason or another, I just couldn't shake the whispers of the spirit...

It wasn't the building...Matter of fact, the building was beautiful. It possessed all facets of art possible in its many portraits and murals. "It's not the people... they seem like normal concert goers, and musicians, but what is it ?" I questioned myself internally.

"Come on baby, my friends are waiting inside" urged Michael.

"Well them niggas can wait some more Michael because I sense something !"

"Lyric... let's just go in, chill for a minute, and then catch a movie" he urges in a last attempt. I know something is off but I wanna be a good date, so finally, I submit on my terms. "Ok, but we're in and out"

"Ok Lyric, we're in and out" he assured me.

Getting out of the car and walking towards the building it felt as if the ground was humming. The music was so loud that it was shaking the earth beneath our feet. "They are too turnt !" he said lively. "We're gonna have some fun tonight" he assured me. Too bad internally I was already convinced different.

The people were swaying to the music and watching as a live artist painted an interpretation of the song. Everything was going well...

"Maybe I am tripping..." I thought to myself. The people were normal and didn't make me feel threatened, and the art was even more beautiful than I had imagined. Slowly, I began to let my guard down.

After that, I began to enjoy myself. Michael and I were dancing, the music was right, and the lights were hypnotic. They were constantly changing color, pattern, and order giving the music life. The more the music played the deeper I found myself lost in the lyrics, and the rhythms of the bass guitars and beats. However, as I continued to dance I felt a familiar presence near... The whispers from low utterings into urgent, speedful chants. I listened closer and heard a piece of a line saying "HE'S HEREEE, TURN AROUND ..."  Swallowing my fear, hearing it go down my throat I turned to face a ghost of the past, KJ.