Chapter 18

The car had come to a stop in front of a large building. At the top in bold gold letters, it said KNIGHT. The sleek black tinted windows defiantly meant this was one of the many properties Damien owns. Knight enterprises own a large chain of hotels, restaurants, and Apartment buildings. You would never find any ordinary people at one of these locations. To stay one night at a Knight hotel cost as much as someone's mortgage. The sound of Damien opening the car door pushed my thoughts away, I slipped out of the car trailing behind him. I looked to see Damien sway on his feet so I grabbed him by the arm steadying him. He looked at my hands holding him from falling and gave a small smile. I returned it with one of my own and started heading towards the entrance. The elevator dinged and we headed up to the highest floor. We stand in comfortable silence taking in the environment of the elevator. The doors slide open to show a grand foyer with marble floors and two maids standing straight at full attention.
I swear every time I walk into one of his houses I'm star struck by their beauty. I may have lived a pretty lavish life but it's nothing compared to this. "How was your flight Mr.Knight?" One of the maids says walking up to where we where standing giving us a kind smile as she grabbed our coats. Both Damien and I thank her and I head to the living room where a large couch sat. I plop on the couch with a sigh of relief and listen to the small conversation Damien and the maid are having. "The flight was good but Lydia could you set up the study, I will be in there shortly," he says to which Lydia returns with a nod. I just cuddle into the fuzzy throw on the couch and block out the conversation. I feel my eyes get heavy but the sound of a buzz rings out. My eyes open to Alaric standing there in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Alaric was quite the good looking man just like Damien. I bet he could make any women's panties wet by just a batter of an eye. I get up and walk over to where Alaric is "Hey you looking for Damien?" I say politely giving him a smile. "No I just came over to see how you both are doing, but mostly to see how my sister in law to-be is doing" he say giving me a cute smile. Unlike Damien, Alaric was like a huge teddy bear. "Well then follow me Brother" I say giving brother a accent which earns a laugh from Alaric. He sits down at the bar as I grab a water from the fridge "you want anything" I say as I sat my water down "I'll take a water" he says so I give him mine as a get another one. I sit down at the stool next to him "So what's up?" I say giving him my full attention. "How has everything been going, you know with the arrangement?" He says giving me a sympathetic look. "Um...it's been rough. In the beginning Damien I think hated me but I can see him warming up."  I say honestly which also surprises me. I feel like everything has been so rushed, and now that I think about it I know nothing about Damien? When are we going to have the wedding? Wait... I don't want a wedding but we still aren't technically married? "Hey you okay you look a little stressed" Alaric says placing a hand on my shoulder "Yeah I'm fine it's just that I feel bad"
I say looking down at were my ring should be. "Hmm why?" He says turning towards me "I just know nothing about Damien and nothing about what he wants or how he feels? How could I be so selfish?" say lowering my head moping in my own selfish misery. "Alaric?" the sound of Damien walking in the kitchen rings. I just keep my head down not looking at him. "What are you doing here?" he says going to the fridge and rummaging around. I stand up walking to we're he is and bump him with my hip as a signal to say I got it "You hungry?" I say looking in the fridge "Yeah I haven't eaten since we boarded." He says stretching his beautiful back out. My eyes wander as his beautiful muscles flex and move in harmony. "But Alaric why are you here?" Damien says pulling me out of my back muscle fantasy. I just continue to look for something until I decide to make a quick homemade chicken and orzo soup since Damien needs to eat lighter due to his meds. I sit both of the men down at the table and give them two large bowls of the soup and make one for myself. "Mhmmm" Alaric says in contempt which makes me smile "holy shit were did you learn to cook?" He says looking at me questionably "My grandma taught me how to cook, when I was little I'd go over and help her make dinner. I did that almost every time when I was over." I say smiling and reminiscing about those sweet memories. "She taught you well" Damien says which caught me off guard "thank you" I say blushing. Something about him complementing me stirs up butterflies in my stomach. For the rest of the night the two brothers talked and watched the football game as I got ready for bed. I stepped out of the shower wrapping myself up in a fluffy towel. I open the door to the bathroom and I am hit with a blast of cool air, It didn't help that winter was coming soon. I get to the closet and pick out a cute set of silk pajamas and my silk robe over them I then brush and dry my hair. I walk out of my room and down the stairs to see just Damien on his phone with the tv on. "Did Alaric leave?" I say catching him off guard he turns around looking me up and down before answering "yeah he has something going on tomorrow morning" he says as I sit on the couch next to him pulling the little throw on top of me. "Hey can we talk?" I say looking at him. "Sure what's wrong?"
                        Do you hate me?

 "Sure what's wrong?"                        Do you hate me?