Explanation

Mirae's POV

               "Good job, Mirae. Your design was chosen as 1st place." said Mr Lee congratulating me proudly. "Thank you, Mr Lee." I said with a wide smile. I couldn't believe it. My work got 1st place! I must tell Jaehyun about this. He should share this moment as well. I can't wait to tell him later! I then took out my phone and texted Jaehyun to meet me during break later on. I smiled as I sent the text.

               "Hey, what's up?" Jaehyun greeted when he got to me. "Guess what? My work got first place!" I said breaking the news to him excitedly. "Really?! Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!" he said as he patted my back happily. "Well, it's also because you helped me to come up with the idea. So yeah, gomawo chingu~" I cooed as I tiptoed and pulled him into a hug. When I released him, I noticed his face was beetroot red. "A-ani. I told you I just helped with a small portion of it." he said as he rubbed his nape in embarrassment and I just giggled at his actions.

               "You haven't had lunch, have you? Come on, my treat." I said with a beam. Jaehyun opened his mouth probably to refuse but I quickly added. "Ah, no excuses." I said sticking my tongue out. Jaehyun then complied with a chuckle. So we walked to the cafeteria together. "Here's yours and here's mine." I said as I placed his food and mine on the table. "Thanks." said Jaehyun as he took a bite out of his burger.

               "Where's your other friends?" he asked after a while. "Oh, Serri and Myungsoo? They said they're going out for lunch. I thought i'd let them have some alone time so I decided not to follow-" "And then you texted me to meet up during lunch." Jaehyun added quickly with a chuckle. "Yeah but that was before Serri told me ok? I didn't texted you because I needed a friend." I narrowed my eyes and then pouted as I continued eating. "Ok, pouty." Jaehyun chuckled as he ruffled my bangs. My heart beat really fast when he did that but I just brushed it off and continued eating.

               After we finished eating, we took a walk at the garden. We then took a seat at a nearby bench. "Ah, I'm still hungry." said Jaehyun while rubbing his stomach. "Mwo? You're still hungry despite having eaten a big burger?" I said with widened eyes. "Yeah, well... I wasn't really hungry at that moment." he said rubbing his nape awkwardly. "Yeah right." I scoffed. I knew he was being considerate during lunch just now and ordered only a burger since it was one of the cheapest food in the cafeteria because I was paying. *This idiot.* I chuckled at my thought.

               "What's so funny?" he asked while looking confused. "Nothing. Ya, why didn't you ordered a larger meal since you were really hungry huh? You know I didn't mind paying a little more." I said as I narrowed my eyes playfully. "Aha.. You knew about that huh..?" he said awkwardly and rubbed his nape again. He really has a habit of rubbing his nape when he's awkward or embarrassed huh?

               "Yeah, well I know guys always have a big appetite." I added with a chuckle. "Well, how are you so sure about that? You know someone who has a really big appetite?" he asked. "Yeah, well-" I stopped mid-sentence when I realized I was actually referring to Luhan. "Well..?" Jaehyun said urging me to continue. "Well.. I just watch a lot of dramas where the guys always had a big appetite and would eat 2 to 3 servings by himself." I lied while hoping Jaehyun wouldn't notice. He didn't say anything but just let out a chuckle.

               Soon enough the bell rang and we went to our respective classes. I was walking along the corridoor in a daze as what I said just now replayed in my mind. *I almost talked about Luhan to Jaehyun just now...* I thought. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and looked forward only to abruptly stop on my track when I saw Luhan walking the opposite direction of me. He looked up from his phone and was surprised to see me as he stopped walking as well. We had eye contact for a few seconds before I broke it off and slowly started walking past him as though I didn't see him. I immediately breathed out when I turned around the corner as I was actually holding my breath while I walking by him.