CHAPTER 11

"Sis wake up." I felt someone shake me so I opened my eyes and Sang Min's face met me. "What theㅡ What are you doing here?" I sat down and scratched my eye. I'm still sleepy! "I'm here to fetch you." He said with his both hands on his waist. "What for? I have class." My brows furrowed and processed what I said. "Ow!" I held my forehead when he flicked it. "Sis. Today is the start of your semester break!" I looked at the calendar on the corkboard beside my bed. "Aish! What do you want?" I rolled my eyes. It's too early for me to wake up. "Mom said that we are going to Grandma's house today... So get up and prepare to leave." He pulled me out of bed. "Urgh! Fine, stop pulling me!" I left my bed and went to my wardrobe to get my clothes. "I'll wait you in the living room." I just nodded in response and headed towards the bathroom.

I tied my shoelaces and grabbed my bag. I opened my bedroom door and saw that Sang Min is playing my video games again. "Stop playing. Let's go now." I turned my tv off and unplugged it. He grabbed his bag and headed outside. I locked my door before following him. "I'm going to hail a cab so wait there." He said before looking out for a cab. In just 5 minutes, we are already in a taxi. "You can sleep again." My brother said and took his phone out to play PUBG. Finally, our grandma's house is 3 hours away so I think that would be enough for me to get more sleep. I took my earphones and plugged it into my phone and listened to some soft songs. It makes me fall asleep faster. I layed my head on Sang Min's shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Sis wake up. We're almost there." Sang Min gently pushed me back and forth to wake me up. I removed my earphones and checked the surroundings. The place is full of grass fields and trees. I opened the car window on my side to feel the breeze. "Ahh~ Refreshing." The wind feels nice. And you know, the smell of nature.

"Here's the pay. Thank you." I looked around. I missed my Grandma's place actually. Her house is surrounded by trees, flowers and other types of plants. Her house is also located at the center of the subdivision. "Let's go inside. Mom and Dad came here earlier than us." Sang Min again pulled me. Aish, I was still reminiscing! My Grandma's house is pretty much a vintage type of victorian house. Our family lived here until I was 10 years old. "Oh. They're here now. Mom, your grandchildren are finally here!" Dad shouted from the living room. We greeted them with a kiss on the cheek. Sang Min threw himself on the couch and continued playing. "Oh my pretty grandchild!" My grandma rushed from the second floor towards me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. I really missed her. It's been years since I last saw her. She pulled away from the hug and checked me out from head to toe. "You've grown so much!" She cupped my face and smiled preciously. "I missed you Grandma." I said. She smiled at me and said that she missed me too. "Okay, guys lunch is ready!" Mom said while wiping her hands on her apron. We all approached the dining area. The table is so full,let me state some of the food in the table: Mom's signature dish, braised saury; marinated beef barbecue; seafood kimchi fried rice and; a platter of nine delicacies. There are also other dishes I don't want to state more because I'm too hungry.

"Waaaahh! I can't eat more. I'm so full!" I had 2 and a half cups of rice! I drank my mango juice and massaged my bloated stomach. "I have prepared one last dish which is the favorite of everyone." Mom stood up and went to the kitchen once again. She came back with a flat pan with a lid. She placed it it the middle and opened the lid. "Tteokbokki!" It's like all the food inside my stomach was all disgested in a second when I saw Tteokbokki. It's my most favorite food ever! I took a lot and started to eat again. "Woah Sis! I thought you were full?!" Sang Min exclaimed. I smiled playfully. "Not anymore!" And I continued eating. "You know your sister. When it comes to Tteokbokki, she's never full." Grandma said that made them all laugh.

We all gathered in the living room after lunch. "Okay, the reason why I called you here is because I am selling this house." Grandma stated. "What? Why?" I asked. "I'm getting older as time passes by. Your parents and I bought a small house in the city already." She told me. But this house is really special! I don't want it to be selled. But I cannot oppose anymore. "You will pack some of the things you have left here." Mom said. So that's why there are some boxes stacked behind the door.

I went to the room I used years ago. It's well maintained although no one actually stayed here. I still have some photo frames left and some other toys. I scanned the photoframes each. I stopped at one specific frame. It is a photo of me with my childhood friend. We were both wearing taekwondo uniforms. It's odd that I don't remember his name anymore. "Oh. You're here." Mom entered the room. "Mom do you remember who this boy is?" I asked and pointed at the photo frame. "Oh that boy, I remember him, his name isㅡ MOM! Come here quick!" Sang Min shouted from the other room. "Okay! Wait I'll be back." Mom immediately left without telling me the name of the boy.