Chapter 25

Time is going to start going by more slowly in this book.

August 18th 1990 | 2:38 pm

"Your getting married?" Tommy asked Mariah in absolute shock. "I didn't even know you were engaged to Michael."

Mariah rolled her eyes, Tommy had always been flirtatious towards Mariah so she knew where this conversation was going. "Yeah... we've been engaged for like 7 months, we don't have a date for the wedding yet but sometime in the beginning of next year." She explained.

The other line of the phone went dead silent for a minute. "Are you sure you want to marry him? Considering his reputation... it could really hurt your career." Tommy replied.

He makes literally no sense Mariah thought to herself.

"Tommy, the world has known about me and him since before my album even came out... if he was going to hurt my career then it would've already been damaged... in fact being with him is probably the reason my album has done so well." Mariah said, very matter of factly.

"But what if he does something stupid and it effects your career?" Tommy asked, trying to persuade her to call off the engagement.

Mariah rolled her eyes once again and sighed. "Tommy, id rather have Michael then my career... I love him and that's just the way it is."

"Alright... when he ruins your career then don't say I didn't warn you." Tommy replied, taking one last stab at it.

"Okay Tommy, well I have to go... me and Michael are gonna watch a movie." She said back and then abruptly hung up.

Mariah walked into the living room and sat next to Michael on the sofa. "What happened?" He asked.

"He was all like 'oh he's gonna ruin your career' and I told him I didn't care." She replied.

Michael laughed and then turned on the TV. "He's such a rascal." He said and then got up and put The Little Mermaid into the VHS player. He sat back down and they quietly started watching the movie.

Michael looked over and saw that Mariah had suddenly fallen asleep on his chest. That's odd, she usually is the last one to fall asleep He thought to himself but brushed it off and continued to watch the movie until the ending.

After the movie was over, he was pretty tired himself so he picked up Mariah and carried he upstairs and placed her under the covers in the bed so she could sleep comfortably. After he put her in bed, he too went to sleep.

August 21 1990 | 2:34 pm

"Two number one hits on your first album? That's just incredible." Michael said.

Mariah rolled her eyes and then smiled. "I never thought I'd even get a number one hit in the first place... this is really amazing." She replied.

Michael kissed her on the top of her head and then hugged her. "That's what happens when you have a god given talent." He said back with a wide smile across his face. "I'm so glad this is all working out for you, you deserve it."

"Thank you, Mike." She responded and then climbed into the limo.

Michael got into the limo with her and buckled his seatbelt. They were about to go to a cake factory to taste wedding cakes and see which one they want for they're wedding. Usually after getting engaged people wait a few years before planning they're wedding but Mariah and Michael wanted to get married right away.

They arrived at the cake factory and went to go try the cakes. The first one they tried was a chocolate cake with chocolate chips that had white icing on it.

They both tried the cake and gave they're opinions to each other. "I'm not a big fan of chocolate cake." Michael commented.

Mariah raised her eyebrow. "Really? Chocolate cakes my favorite..." She replied.

"Well let's try the other ones and see if we like them." Michael replied.

The next one was a Vanilla Cream Cake with rainbow sprinkles on the inside.

"It tastes good but it's more of a birthday cake then a wedding cake." Mariah pointed out.

"Yeah, it's not much of a wedding cake." Michael agreed.

The next cake they brought in was pretty unique. It was a pink champagne cake topped with raspberry mousse and vanilla buttercream. "That tastes amazing." Mariah said immediately after tasting the first bite. "We have to have this one."

Michael shrugged. "Yeah it's pretty good but they're will be kids at the wedding and I want them to be able to enjoy some cake as well."

Mariah rolled her eyes. "Okay? We can just get them a separate cake." She replied.

"Well your not even 21 yet." Michael pointed out.

Mariah quickly shushed him. "Shut up!" She told him and then softly smacked him in the back of his head.

"Well someone's a little moody today." Michael said.

"Whatever." She replied.

The next cake was a vanilla chocolate swirl. "Well how about this one? It's really good." Mariah said not really paying attention to the flavor and just wanting to go home.

"No, like I said I'm not a big fan of chocolate cake." Michael replied.

Mariah wanted to flip out but instead she kept her composure and stayed calm. Her and Michael had never really argued and she didn't want to start.

the next cake was a lemon cake.

"I like this one." Mariah said, desperately wanting to get out of this place.

"No, I hate citrus." Michael replied.

Mariah stood up and threw her fork onto the plate. "Well motherfucker, I guess all these cake flavors taste like shit!" She yelled before storming out of the place.

Michaels eyes widened as he immediately got up to go follow her. "Mariah? What is your problem!" He yelled as he chased her.

She abruptly stopped and then folded her arms. "Your my problem! I put up with your shit all the time and I don't say anything but I have a voice Michael okay?" Mariah snapped.

Michael got closer to her. "I'm sorry-"

"Michael I'm telling you, you need to back up and let me cool off because I'm so heated right now that I could murder you," She warned.

Why is she that mad over cake? Michael thought to himself.

"Fine, we can get the lemon cake." He gave in.

"I don't want the damn cake anymore, I just want to go home." She replied and then took a deep breath to calm herself down.

"Well we have to decide on a cake flavor so can you please just come back in and continue tasting the flavors?" He begged.

"Whatever!" She yelled at him and then walked back into the building.

She sat down and they continued tasting cakes. After trying all of them they finally decided on a classic Vanilla cake.

If she keeps having outbursts like this it's going to be a exhausting marriage Michael thought to himself.