chapter 11

Chapter eleven

Brooklyn’s P.O.V

Another day awake. Thank god, I didn’t think I would wake up after last nights events. “Brook are you alright?” Eponine came into my room and asked. “I’m better but we need to talk.” I explained and she nodded walking over to my bed and sitting down. “How did you know who did this to me? And be honest.” I asked. “I’ve been in your situation. Tell me if I get this wrong, pushed down to the ground at knife point with him straddling you. When someone comes to close for his liking he pushes you into his car and the droves away.” Eponine said and I nodded to show that’s what basically happened.

“Who is he?” I asked and Eponine answered with a name. “I wonder what his name means?” I said being sarcastic. “I don’t know let’s think about this for a second.” Eponine said trying hard not to laugh. We looked at each other and burst out laughing. “What are you two laughing at?” Nick asked as he walked into my room. “uh… girl… uh… stuff.” I lied horribly. “Okay, now what are you really taking about, Girls?” Nick asked again. “I was just wondering how old you guys were. You’re really cute.” Eponine lied. “Well, Nick is 20-” I began but Nick cut me off. “We’re all to old for you Eponine. Come down and get breakfast.” Nick said.

Eponine and I get dressed and head down to breakfast. “Brook, blood sugar.” Nick and Eponine reminded me at the same time. All three of us tested our blood sugar and then reported our levels. “110” Nick said, “90” Eponine said, “120” I said proud I tested my blood sugar for the first time by myself. “Girls! Nick! Breakfast is on the table.” Kevin yelled as we walked into the kitchen together. “You know we weren’t actually talking about how old you guys were.” I whispered into Nick’s ear and he nodded.

“Chocolate chip pancakes!” Eponine and I screamed at each other and grabbed three each. “Girls calm down, I can always make more.” Kevin laughed as we stuffed our faces with chocolatety goodness. All the guys stared at us until we finished eating. “Bye guys we’re going for a walk.” We called over our shoulders. “Be safe.” The boys called back. Walking down the street a black Volvo started following us. We paid no mind to it until we noticed it slowed down so it always was either behind is or next to us. “Doesn’t you-know-how have a black Volvo?” I questioned Eponine when the car was behind us and she nodded.

“We run on the count of three to our left, deal.” Eponine whispered to me and I nodded. “1, 2, 3!” we broke into a run and ran into a nearby park cutting through to our back street. We weren’t fast enough though because the Volvo cut us off and we were thrown into the back. “Hello Ladies, how are we today?” our friend asked. (note the sarcasm). “Fine Danger, how are you?” we sneered as he drove away.

I took out my phone and pressed the call button dialing Joe’s number. I turned the voice volume down and started talking to Danger. “So kidnapping us again? What is your obsession with us?” I asked and Eponine looked at me like I was crazy. I nodded my head to the phone behind my back and she nodded. “Well Miss. Lilliana, you’re just so argumentative it’s fun to deal with sometimes and you Miss. Eponine you know your way around town so I can trust you to get me where I need to go. Plus both of you are so beautiful.” Danger said. We both groaned and fought the urge to slap him into next week.

“My brothers will know I’m missing you know and they we find us.” I sneered. “and how will they do that?” Danger sneered. “Her ph-” Eponine began but I elbowed her in the ribs and she stopped talking. “Miss. Smarty pants has a phone does she?” Danger asked stopping the car with a sudden slam to the breaks. Danger got out of the car and opened the back door. “You little!” Danger screamed as his hand came down onto my face. “Ow!” I screamed in pain as I was delivered three more blows to the head. “Say by to your baby sister.” Danger said putting the phone to my ear. “I’ll find you sis, don’t worry.” Joe spoke and then came one more blow before the phone hung up.