chapter 8

Chapter Eight

“Help, please god help!” I teenage girl pleaded while running down the street with a fit man yelling at her and chasing her down. “Get back here you stupid girl! I’ll catch you sooner or later.” The guy yelled at her. Nick, Kevin and Joe jumped up from where they were sitting and ran to help the girl. “Back off dude.” Kevin said while standing in front of the girl. “She’s not your concern, move.” The man screamed at my brothers. I made the mistake of getting out of the car and started walking over. “Brook, no!” Nick and Joe screamed just as the man grabbed me and put a knife to my throat.

“Brook, is it?” the man sneered lustfully. “No it isn’t.” I said with anger lighting my tone. “Well then tell me your name, darling.” The man said as he started to turn me around. “Lilliana Jenna Joel.” I smiled and he leaned in to kiss me. I leaned forward to and right when his hands removed the knife from my neck and he closed his eyes I kneed him where the sun don’t shine. The man doubled over in pain and cried out. I ran over to my brothers and stood next to the girl.

“Hi, my names Brooklyn and you are?” I asked. “Eponine, pleasure to meet you Brooklyn. How old are you Brooklyn?” Eponine asked me. “twelve and you?” I answered. “fifteen.” She answered and we played twenty questions until Kevin got annoyed at us. “Hush ladies, we still have a psycho after us.” Kevin shushed us. We rolled our eyes and went back to the car with my brothers. “Are you alright?” Nick asked Eponine. She nodded and replied “Now I am, thank you I don’t know what would have happened if you hadn’t saved me.”

We drove the five miles to the hospital and we were rushed right into a room together. “Joe you have a broken nose, Brooklyn you have a broken arm and Eponine you have sever bruising and cuts.” The doctor said and when he was about to leave he called Eponine into the hallway.

We waited patiently for about ten minutes until Eponine came back into the room. “The doctor says we are free to go.” Eponine said quietly and you could see she had been crying. “Before we go may I talk to Eponine alone?” I asked and everyone nodded leaving the room. “Eponine, did the man who chased you tonight… harm you?” I asked and she nodded. Tears started to flow down her and my face as she told me everything that’s happened to her. “Do you have somewhere to stay tonight?” I asked and she shook her head. “You’re staying with us. Alright?” I said as I hugged her.

“Come on guys, what are you waiting for?” Eponine and I asked walking toward the car. We got in and Nick told me to check my blood sugar. I pricked my finger and tested it. “120.” I answered and Nick smiled. “Where are we going to drop you off Eponine?” Kevin asked when the car was stopped at a stop light. I undid my seatbelt and whispered into Kevin’s ear “She’s coming home with us I’ll explain later.” Kevin nodded and we drove back to our house.