chapter 13

Chapter thirteen

We went home quickly because I was walking as fast as I could to the car. “Nicky hurry up!” I yelled when Nick was still at the hospital doors and I was at the car. I turned around to face him only to come nose to nose with Ragelock Fallen. Ragelock appears to be a nineteen year old kid but happens to be a demon child who was battle scars from fighting the Devil and winning. Ragelock is the Devil and he only shows up once every six months for a new bride.

"Ragelock, what are you doing in my face?" I asked backing up against the car. "Well seeing as it's been six months since my last bride I thought I would show my face to the world again." Ragelock sneered stepping closer. "What's that have to do with me?" I asked scared to death. "EVERYTHING! You see I want you to be my bride." Ragelock sneered again and I shivered from fright. "I'm only twelve, please don't!" I pleaded on my hands and knees. "Get up insolent girl, there will be no pleading and crying because you are going to be my wife no matter what you do." Ragelock laughed.

I looked over Ragelock’s shoulder and saw men pinning Nick against the wall. “I’ll go with you on one condition.” I said. “Go ahead my dear and if it’s within my power I will so it.” Ragelock said with a smile. “Let my brother go and have no harm come to them from you, your men or anyone in the world. Meaning you will protect them with your life.” I explained knowing Ragelock would accept. “Deal, Let him go boys.” Ragelock said and with that Nick fell to the ground gasping for breath. “My brother cant breath, bring him to the Emergency room.” I shouted as I began to run toward my brother.

“We need to go!” Ragelock shouted. “Wait! Can I have two days with my family. You know where I live. When the two days are up I will go with you but I need to tell my family good bye.” I said and Rage nodded “Deal but after two days is up you better be ready and no more delays.” Rage said and I nodded helping Nick up. I started to walk Nick over to the Emergency room when Ragelock stopped me. “Bring him here!” Ragelock ordered and I obeyed.

Ragelock looked at Nick and lightly pressed his index finger to Nick’s neck. All of a sudden Nick was breathing normally again. “Better?” Ragelock asked Nick and he nodded. “Thank you.” Nick and I said as we started to get into Nick’s car. We locked the doors and I asked Nick if he could drive and he shook his head.

“Nick want me to drive home?” I asked hoping he forgot I was only twelve. “Brooklyn Lilliana Jonas, you know you can’t drive call Kevin and Joe.” Nick said and is I began to get my phone out of my pocket someone knocked on my window. I turned and there standing on the other side of the door was Danger. “Need a driver? I promise to get you where you need to go and not kidnap you. I saw who was just here and I think you need some help to explain.” Danger said and I looked to Nick, he nodded and got into the back to lay down as Danger got into the driver’s side.

“Where to?” Danger asked and I looked at him for a minute. “My house.” I told him and Danger nodded. “What exactly happened back there?” Danger asked and I shook my head. “I don’t want to talk about it.” I said and Danger nodded. “I understand.” He said and we drove home in silence. When we got home Danger ran up to the house and got my brothers while I stayed by Nick’s side. “Nick, everything is going to be okay. We’ll figure something out.” I said while he cried. “You are going to be a wife in two days and we’ll never see you again.” Nick cried.

“Brooklyn what’s going on?” Kevin asked and when he saw Nick he ran over and kneeled next to him. “What happened Nick?” Kevin asked. “Help him inside and we’ll explain everything.” Danger said showing up behind me. Joe picked up Nick and carefully carried him into the house and set him on the couch. “So who wants to tell me what happened?” Kevin asked while sitting down. “Danger, will you tell them as I bring Nick up to bed?” I asked and Danger nodded.

“Nick, want anything?” I asked as I set Nick in bed. “No thanks. I’ll see you in the morning.” Nick said and closed his eyes. “See you in the morning, Nick. I love you.” I said as I left the room and closed the door behind me. “Brook, come in here please.” Danger asked as I was passing the room. “Tell your brothers the part where you accepted to go with our little friend.” Danger asked of me. “Do I have to?” I whined and Kevin and the others nodded yes.

I told them that I basically sold my soul to the Devil and everyone looked sick to their stomach and Kevin and Joe ran for the bathroom where they were sick. “Our twelve year old sister is going to be married to Ragelock?” Joe said coming back in with tears in his eyes and I nodded. “How long do we have until you become a wife?” Joe asked. “Two days.” I explained and fell to the floor the last thing I heard before I passed out was people calling my name.