CHAPTER 38

Adrian didn't come back for a long time and I was starting to getting worried, nevertheless, I did not voice my worry to my friends. We started to dine together without Adrian. There was a small glass chamber at one corner something that looked like a golden oven, which magically gets us any food we wanted, just by thinking about it. It was pretty cool. Foomber as it was called; I learned that it was not easy to get it installed anywhere, and was found very rarely.

I want some chocolate pastries and a strawberry milkshake, I thought and ta-da it was already there looking delicious than ever. I collected all of them and joined others on the small dining table which couldn't accommodate everybody, so some had to take a seat on the couch. Allen was feasting like never before and I couldn't stop giggling looking at him.

"This is heaven, I can have anything I want and how much ever I want for free", he said munching through some fries, happily.

"This is not free", Merlin observed "Adrian will have to answer his father," she said, losing the little color on her face "And I'm afraid, he is already getting into lot more trouble than us", she observed, it was for the first time I saw some coldness towards Adrian wearing off, she was sympathizing him.

"Is his father that bad?" I asked her, arching a brow.

"I think so he is..." .

She couldn't complete her sentence as at that perfect time the door clicked open and Adrian entered in, looking glum. I immediately got into my feet and walked towards him.

"Hey, why that long face, is everything okay?" I asked him concerned.

"Yes, just went through a big speech given by my father", he said painstakingly managing a small smile and walking off towards the Foomber to get some food for himself. My friends by now had already finished dining and were now getting ready to retire, so started getting into the rooms one by one.

Adrian all the while sat silently on the couch, thoughtlessly going through his meal.

"Hey, can we go outside?" I asked him.

"You want me to sit under stars and have my dinner?", he asked arching a brow.

"Yes, I think", I said, unsure.

"Cool, sit here right beside me, I will take you up to the stars", he said, cheering up.

I did as was told and sat beside him on the couch puzzled of what taking up to stars meant.

For a second I was sitting on the couch, the next I knew I was on top of the pod which I presumed because it was on freaking invisible mode. It was almost like the couch was dangling up mid-air. I freaked out so much that I was digging my nails onto Adrian's arms, embarrassed I split up when I realized what was happening.

"I..I am sorry", I said straightening up and not looking at his direction.

He let a soft laugh and said it was okay.

"Are we...are we..."

"Yes, we are on the top of the pod, don't worry," he said munching through his bread.

"It does look good up from here", I said thoughtlessly staring at the beautiful sky. My secret love for stars has always made me an admirer of the beauty of the night. The stars there looked closer than what it looked from on the earth, there was no moon, but still, it was perfect. It looked as if the dark canvas was filled with tiny little diamonds. It was that moment when I forget about all the worries in my life, and escaped the real world to go to my own dreamland, where everything was perfect. I was so engrossed in the beauty around me, that I forgot about Adrian, and he made sure he was noticeable.