CHAPTER 52

"And I thought, it would be another boring day,how wrong was I?", someone said, No it wasn't someone. I recognized that voice almost instantly. It was Sonya.

Gasping I lifted up my head slowly to see her face. She bent down to have a better look at me.

"Oh, how nice of you to think that I may need company" she said smiling "But no, I don't want your company, you see, the problem is that I don't like your face", she said smirking "I have your best friend and the Princess to give me company", she continued laughing.

"You bitch", Allen shouted, running towards her and pushing her down.

"How dare you, How dare you?" she cried, pronouncing few curses under her breadth, she let a red beam of sparkles at Allen. Who now hit by the curse was screaming in immense pain.

Merlin now jumped in front of him and raised her hand aiming some curse at Sonya, but she dodged the shot and now was aiming another curse at Merlin. I was still on immense pain, but as it was surging away, I gathered some strength and started crawling towards the transparent wall.

"Kat...Kat", I cried "Please look at me me, Please".

"Rose" Adrian called, "Get back, I'll try something to break the spell", he said hurriedly. I immediately obeyed him and retrieved back. He tried few spells, but every time the spell hit the wall. A loud bang was produced, but did not produce even a crack on the wall.

Meanwhile, there were jets of sparks flying in the air, alternately produced by Merlin, Allen and Sonya. I should say that for a junior Sonya was pretty good at magic, at levels which not even Merlin could match.

"Nothing is working Rose, It is some pretty advanced magic", Adrian told me agitated. I opened my mouth to answer but was interrupted by a new voice.

"What else did you expect Prince? Magic so fragile and weak that a beginner like you, could break?", someone laughed. It was like as if someone flipped off a switch all of sudden, everything was silent once again. I turned around behind to see the new comer. Of course who else could I have expected except the person, who was responsible for all of this mess, Serena herself.

She was standing in front of me, looking ever so beautiful. I last saw her on the street back when me and Katy were going back home from Brandon's Party, that was the first time she appeared in front of me and Katy. I remembered her face clearly, how could I forget that face. The face that have tormented me ever since then.

"You think you could get away with this?", I asked her boldly, now getting on my feet.

"Oh Rose, I do not intend on ending up in a prison or reformatory. I intend on getting power to rule over them Rose. Ahhhh, I'm so close in possessing the Tetrand", she said dreamily. "Once I succeed in possessing the Tetrand, I will rule over the world both silver bloods and you filthy red-blood", she said smirking.

"I will have all the Eldar magic, which no man in this world has ever succeeded in conquering", she said laughing. It was indeed funny how, she can manage look angelic and wicked at the same time.

"Keep dreaming Serena, that is never going to happen. The truth is that you will rot up in prison, you will lose all your powers and you will die there alone with great suffering", Adrian fired back at her, "You have kidnapped two innocent people and you think you could get away with it?", he asked her.

"Innocent? Yes they are. All the Eldar blood has been innocent and great-hearted and that's why they were so vulnerable and got almost extinct for years. But tell me one thing Prince, now that you know that the Eldar magic has resurfaced again after years. Will you remain silent and let them continue live their normal lives? Or will the other authorities, leave them alone?" she asked him. He was rendered speechless, which she noticed and started laughing.

"You know the answer, Don't you? The Eldar magic was lost, because of blood-thirsty and power-thirsty people like you", she said walking towards Adrian, and standing face to face with him. "When they realized the potential of their magic, they started strategizing ways and situations where using their magic and creating these realms, will be the only solution you could think of. You pushed them so much to the edge that they had to kill themselves burning with magic you'll had forced them to use, And all this sacrificing for what? So that you all can live a comfortable life, and didn't have to share your space with filthy red-bloods. So much pride?", she finished breathless.

"Are you saying you are not satisfied with this comfort?", Merlin demanded.

"Of course I am", she laughed coldly in such a way that it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. "Why do you care, what I think anyways? This is the end to all the dirty politics, soon there will be only one leader, and my words would be the law".

"Dude, are you insane?" asked Allen, "You clearly look delusional".

"It's you who is delusional", she told him infuriated.

"Is your small philosophical speech over?" Merlin asked, "Why do you care so much about the Eldars anyways? there is more to this, than just power seeking crazy mission of yours, isn't it?", she asked.

"Merlin right?", she asked laughing, "Sonya has told a lot about you, ofcourse I tune in and out sometimes, as she cannot stop talking sometimes", she said rolling her eyes "You have one smart little brain, you are right, there is more to this than me just possessing the Tetrand and ruling all over you. It's revenge, revenge for what you all did to my ancestors", she said bitterly.

My brain could not process all the information thrown out at me, it was just insane how today's events were turning into.

"I am an Eldar", she announced, moving her fingers in a circle and producing a small wind, which ruffled my hair. "The power of Wind, Water, and Earth, I have got already. There is only one magic left to be possessed by me, the 'Flame of life'. Once I possess that power too, I can activate the Tetrand stone, and will be able to use all my powers...Hahaaha", she laughed. "you guys know too much now, and so cannot go back again", she said plainly after that.

"What are you going to do, make us prisoners?" Merlin snapped at her, "We will not go quiet, we will put up a fight", she told her boldly.

"We have to find a way to get Kat and Princess out and escape from this shit hole. We are not a match for her, we have to call Olivia or other authorities who can handle her", I whispered to Adrian who was standing close to me. Serena who was busy teasing Merlin and so did not notice us, we slowly started moving behind Serena.

Adrian picked up few pebbles from the ground and aimed at the back of her head. She lost her balance briefly, but before she could regain herself, he aimed and threw another one. Now she dropped down moaning with pain. Sonya who did not witness any of this, because of getting a hit earlier by Merlin was now regaining her consciousness and starting to stand up. Adrian and I jumped to tackle Serena, delivering another heavy blow on her head, making her unconscious, which resulted in the magical wall falling apart. Merlin and Allen realized that Sonya was getting ready to deliver another curse, they both jumped at her to stop but Sonya was fast. She pronounced her curse words which made a silver liquid to appear at our feet.

It looked like a normal silver liquid initially, but then it started boiling. I slowly started retrieving back, but the liquid kept coming sliding towards me. I saw others, retrieve back too. The boiling liquid now started forming a shape. A spear that was now pointed at my neck.

"No, I don't want to die", I breathed. The spear retrieved back, only to gain momentum and fly into us with great force. I closed my eyes, waiting for death to welcome me. Only it didn't.