Chapter 3

Snufkin

"Snufkin dear, there's a man outside, and he claims ... he claims to be your father."

Moominmamma looked up at the mumrik. He looked surprised, and at first was a little hesitant about entering Moominhouse.

Snufkin could hardly remember anything about his childhood. When he opened the door, he looked at his father's almost unfamiliar face, and found himself at a loss for words.

His father - Joxter -  stood up, and he said ,"Do you remember who I am, son?"

For a moment, none of them said anything. They listened to the sound of the birds chirping, until Snufkin realised his father was getting a little impatient.

"D...dad...?" Snufkin looked up at Joxter.

Joxter's serious face immediately turned into a warm, Joxter-ish smile.

"You've grown so big!" he said ,"look at yourself!"

And for the rest of that day, Snufkin and his father just sat down and talked. Sometimes it's something sad, sometimes it's a distant happy memory Snufkin needed to remember.

He forgot about everything Joxter had done to make him angry...

...and wanted to make full use of the time he still had with his father.

- Bonus! -

"D-dad! I caught a big one!"

Snufkin stood up, hands gripped tightly around the fishing rod.

Joxter stood behind his son. He held hold of Snufkin's fishing rod, and struggled to stay on the grass.

They pulled hard. The fish came flying out of the water and coincidentally fell into the bucket.

Joxter managed not to fall but Snufkin lost balance and landed on the ground with a "Oomph!"

Joxter chuckled softly and helped him up. "We got it," Snufkin panted,"we got it, papa."

Joxter turned to Snufkin. He smiled.

"Did you just call me..."

Snufkin suddenly realised the words that came out of his mouth and he blushed.

"I..."

Without another word, Joxter embraced his son tightly.

Papa.

"Snufkin...my son..."