Chapter 6 (Part 2)

"No, absolutely not! Snufkin hates parties!" Everyone knew that.

Little My knew that too, of course. She had her own reasons...

First, l'll go annoy Snufkin.

"Don't worry, I have a plan. I'll make this the best day he'll ever have," Little My assured Moomin, looking very confident.

" That's great! I'll make some more pancakes. Though Snufkin never actually tried my pancakes before... He had only ever drank coffee. Do you think he'll like it?" Moominmamma asked.

" Well l think you should bake a cake Moominmamma. He'll love it," Joxter said. Moomin wasn't sure if he was being serious.

" Great idea Joxter! I get onto it right now," Moominmamma hurried back into the kitchen.

Little My was taking a frying pan from underneath the couch.

I'll give this to him, then he'll start to get his ' I wanna be alone ' vibes and sit on the log I'll put near the forest later.

" Little My, what are you scheming?" Moomin said.

" Something good. I'm scheming something good." She answered, her eyes not leaving the frying pan.

And that's where Moomin will be.

She smiled, but for Little My, you can say she smirked.

---

"One candle... Two candles... Tree - I mean three - candles... Man l sure wanna sleep on a tree right now..." Joxter was placing candles on the cake. He reached sixteen then he said,"he's sixteen this year! Oh my big boy!" He lifted his chin and was left lost in his own thoughts.

" He'll come just before dinner time," announced Little My. She told Snufkin to come just now, he was on the bridge Little My liked to call the bridge of love, and he was fishing.

" Put this over there - no, not there, there! And Joxter! Quit sleeping on that tree and get to work!"

---

So, everything was set up and ready. Dinner time was coming so Moomin was a bit tense but he wasn't sure why.

Then Snufkin came from his tent and Little My came running towards him. She said," happy birthday!" And Snufkin was surprised." How did you know it was..."

"Joxter told us!" Moomin said and Joxter nodded. Snufkin looked at his father and said quietly," You remembered."

Another nod.

He smiled." Thanks everyone," he said with a slight blush.

---

Everything and everyone was so noisy.

Little My knew it was the right time, so she told Moomin to wait at the log over there. Then she gave Snufkin the frying pan. He took it and mouthed the words "thank you". Right now he just wanted to be alone. He left and Little My knew everything was going according to plan.

Snufkin sat down on the log and Moomin saw him. Moomin quickly sat next to him just as Little My told him to do. "Hello Snufkin."

He was a bit annoyed at his feeling to be alone but when he saw Moomin, he felt something he had never felt before. He was confused at his sudden change of mood. He must be falling ill.

" It's good to be back here in Moomin Valley," He said," I actually missed this place, really much."

Moomin straitened his back. He stood up and reached out a hand." Dance with me, Snufkin."

Snufkin didn't know what he was going to do, but then he took Moomin's hand and danced to the beat of the music coming from the record player.

Moomin laughed. Snufkin never heard that laugh for a few months now, he had been gone for quite some time, he realised.

Snufkin had never felt so happy.

---

Little My watched them dance in a distance. This wasn't what she had intended, but it was good enough.