Chapter 6 (Part 1)

"Did you know," Joxter said," that it's Snufkin's birthday today?" He placed his hands behind his head and lied on the couch.

"Today?" Moomin blurted out. " I didn't expect it to come so early! What should we do? Should we get him something?"

Little My snickered. She said," how  about giving him another one of your flower crowns? I thought he rather liked them."

Little My looked at Moomin and said," oh, I know! How about we give him a frying pan? He has been running into dangerous things of all sorts lately," she said.

Moomin gave her a look. Firstly, how did she know about the flower crown? And secondly, Snufkin running into danger? Moomin hoped he was okay.

"Hello Moomin," Snork Maiden opened the door. She looked towards the couch."What's Mr Joxter doing here?"

"It's Snufkin's birthday. Moomin's all panicky. H--" Little My made herself shut up. She just remembered that Snork Maiden actually liked Moomin, and she didn't want to tell her about Moomin's new crush.

She stared at those innocent eyes of hers. "Yes, Little My?" Snork Maiden clasped her hands together. Little My looked away. She could be such a softie sometimes. "Never mind."

Moominmamma came from the kitchen."Snork Maiden! What brings you here?"

"Like I said, it's Snufkin's birthday today," Little My stood up on her chair."Wait actually, I'm not sure... So Snork Maiden, why did you come here?"

Snork Maiden shuffled uneasily. She tightened her grip on the present she made for Moomin she hid behind her back. Snork Maiden looked at the ground to hide an embarrassed smile.
"Nothing much."

Little My looked at her suspiciously before turning back to Moomin. Moominmamma was clutching her handbag. Her son was thinking furiously, and Joxter was smoking his pipe.

" What would you say about a party?"