☀️❤️Another One of Those Days❤️☀️

Chapter Three

Please let me know if I ever represent anything wrong, wether it is cultural, trans/gender related, or whatever else. Accurate representation is the most important thing ever to me and I want to represent people right.

Unedited

"¡Despierta rápido, mi sol! ¡Cocino desayuno!"

Did Roman oversleep?! Roman never oversleeps! He always wakes up five minutes before his alarm, shuts it off, and uses those extra five minutes to make sure he isn't groggy for the rest of the day! But why didn't he hear his alarm? That's so odd. Roman threw the covers off himself and didn't even bother to change his clothes from the ones he slept in: an oversized fútbol jersey and his underwear. Not the boxers that he normally wears. Roman rushed to help with breakfast, but it seems that his dad had everything set up waiting. He saw Roman and chuckled.

"My my, you overslept didn't you? Must've been dreaming about tu Principe Encantador again. You always oversleep when you have a crush, Hijo. Sit, tell me about him."

How did his Papá know? Well, Papá always did have his secrets. He always cared about him and Remus very much. Remus... Remus was in his dream last night. Speaking now of Remus, that reminds Roman: how is his twin brother? He was kind of a messed up kid, but thst doesn't mean that he doesn't love him. They're brothers and they always will be brothers. Roman sat down, his head feeling heavy like always when he's super tired and just woke up, and he noticed that he had his own plate this time. There was scrambled eggs and bacon, no Avera and no other breakfast food from back home. Weird. His Papá also got him a glass of orange juice, knowing that he hates drinking milk with a meal. That's a snack drink only. Roman smiled, and went on explaining his dream.

"Well, I did have a dream. It was a great dream too. Remus came back over to us and Patton was there. Oh, Patton is mi amor. Not mi Novio. We aren't dating. I just met him and that would be weird. But yeah. Remus came home and the three of us were just... here. We ate Tres Leches Pastel and Polvorón and we watched Disney movies. You were there too! You had a book and you read while we watched the Road to El Dorado and The Princess and the Frog and The Emperor's New Groove. Patton fell asleep on my shoulder and you took a blanket and draped it over us, then Remus fell asleep in my lap and... all of us were happy. It's not a dream I normally have, but it's my new favorite dream."

His Papá just nodded and listened happily, his smile growing wider with every mention of Patton's name and Remus at all. It must've warmed his heart to know his boy still cared very much for his twin brother stuck with his Mama back in Puerto Rico. To Roman, talking like this in the morning and eating with Papá just felt so natural. It was almost as of they've been doing this forever, even though this was only the second time they did this. Roman loved it.

"You miss Remus? That makes me happy, Hijo. Why don't you tell me more about tu amor? Patton, right? What's he like? What does he look like? I need to know if he's good enough for mi sol."

"Papá, chill out. But yeah, Patton's amazing. He has circular framed glasses and really poofy red hair that would be neon orange if it wasn't for the fact that he has brunette mixed in there. He has freckles all over his face and his eyes are a really bold color that you could just get lost in forever and his lips are really soft and pink and he had really... big and durable hands... He was really kind and he sat with me and ate lunch even though I wasn't hungry and he loves Disney too! He was in my English Class and I really like him Papá! I hope he's in one of my even dah classes!"

Roman was beaming a smile, stuffing his face with scrambled eggs now that he finished talking. His Papá already finished his plate and is waiting for Roman to eat. He had his hands together and he leaned his face against them, watching Roman with the proud fatherly face that he bore whenever Roman or Remus ever did literally anything good back home. Wait, no. Not back home. This is Roman's home now. Back in Puerto Rico is a good way to put it. Roman suddenly set his fork down and looked up at his father, suddenly very solemn.

"Papá, do you think Remus is okay? ...Le Extraño..."

Roman lost his appetite, but he took another bite anyway after he spoke. He needs to eat. He doesn't exactly have time to make a lunch today. Papá lost his smile. He fixed his posture and sat upright in his chair, his arms folding over themselves and resting on the table next to his empty plate and cup. Nobody said anything for a moment, Roman taking a long gulp of his orange juice so that he doesn't have to deal with a melancholy silence. Or maybe it wasn't so melancholy? 

"Yes, I'm positive that he's okay, mi sol. You go get yourself ready for school. It's your first even day after all! And... I'll go ahead and talk to tu Mama. Maybe..."

Roman didn't hear what Papá was going to say next. He trailed off his words and left to go do something in his bedroom. Roman finished everything on his plate, as not to be rude, And then he took all the empty dishes to the sink. He'll wash them later when he gets home. Roman then went to his room to grab some clothes to get himself dressed and ready for the day. It was another one of those introduction days, meaning he's going to have to deal with all new strangers and deadnaming again. But that's okay. He'll get through it like the strong and handsome prince he is!

Time to take on the day!

1042 Words

Thank you for reading! :) Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva/Remus