🐬💙Fool💙🐬

🐳Chapter Eight🐳

Please let me know if I ever represent anything wrong, wether it is cultural, trans/gender related (even though I'm trans), or whatever else. Accurate representation is the most important thing ever to me and I want to represent people right.

Unedited

"I don't know Mom, I just really like this boy and he's real cute and I just wanted to see if I could have him come over this weekend."

Patton stood in the doorway of his mother's office, swinging back and forth from the heels to the balls of his feet. His mother was home for once in a while, but she was swamped in more work. That's okay because Patton's a good boy who doesn't bother her too much. She groaned and spun around in her office chair, prying her eyes away from her computer to deal with whatever her son was asking of her.

"Well you can't have anyone over on Sunday because your father has a very importsnr business meeting and I'm not letting you have an entire house alone with another kid your age no matter what gender or sex they are. I'm not gonna let you get taken advantage of! And I know I don't have free time Saturday and neither does your father so you're going to have to get this boy's parents to call me and chaperone the two or three or however many of you there are. Okay? I love you Patton, but Mommy has a lot of work like always. I promise I'll make it up at the end of the month, like we always do. Okay?"

Patton sighed and nodded, being a good boy and letting mom back to her work. She's a very busy lady and so is his dad, and that's okay. Patton just gets kinda lonely sometimes. He always liked to pretend he was Coroline and he could go play outside with Wylie in the woods and see Mr. B's circus mice upstairs. But sometimes a boy has to make his own entertainment. 

Patton went into the living area, outside of Mom's office and away from Dad's work upstairs, and he got his nail polishes out. He thought he'd reinforce the layer he already painted on and maybe text some friends or watch a movie on Netflix again. All the Disney stuff was removed for that stupid Disney Plus thing so he might watch Coco again. Or the Croods. But probably Coco because he wanted to think of Roman. Or maybe he can listen to more Cavetown music. 

Apparently Roman likes Cavetown a lot! He also introduced Patton into a bunch of other cool things like this new vocaloid thing and a bunch of broadway shows he had never seen before because Disney didn't produce them! But in return Patton shared his favorite youtubers to Roman. Maybe he watched a few of them. Hopefully some TheOdd1sOut and SomethingElseYT and JaidenAnimations because those three are Patton's absolute favorites! Jaiden's new vid made Patton want to play a Nuzlocke game on his old 3ds and copy of Pokémon Pearl, but he knows he'd just chicken out if his precious Piplup fainted. Or maybe Chimchar. He likes them both. Patton grabbed his phone and shot Roman a text.

Patton: Hey can we hang at your place this weekend? We can make music videos :)

Oh? Immediate response.

Roman: Ohmigosh yessssss! Papá would love to have a visitor! Or visitors if you plan to bring multiple people. We can make a lot of food and it will be so great! I can't wait for Saturday!

Perfect, so he was on the same plan for Saturday. Patton giggled. Oh, wait, there's one rule though.

Patton: Oh but your dad has to call my mom to tell her that we aren't going to be alone.

Roman: Okay! Should I just go get him to talk to her through our phones? Because the home phone is kind of broken at the moment and Papá doesn't want to get up. His back is kinda of sore from working all day. I'm actually making dinner for the two of us tonight :)

Patton: Okay! You dial!

Patton ran back to his Mom's office the second his phone began ringing from Roman's number. His mom was too tired to yell at him when he slammed his cell phone on her desk right in front of her. Patton was so excited. He was going to hang out with Roman! If Roman wanted to bring more people he could probs get Virgil and Logan to come. Maybe Sayori if the girls aren't having a weekend together. Ooh and maybe Honey and Kaoru can come over if the Host Club isn't open this weekend! Marceline won't let a weekend waste from her Bonnibelle, so those two are completely out of the question.

Mom huffed and smiled clumsily, nodding her head and returning the phone to Patton. Wait, really? He cheered and fanboy shrieked as he ran back out to the living area and he stuffed his face into the couch. They're actually doing this! They're so gonna hang out! Patton flipped to his back and excitedly texted Logan and Virgil, creating a new group chat with just the three of them out of his excitement by total accident.

Patton: Do y'all two wanna hang out with Roman @ Roman's this weekened because I so want toooooooooooooooo! 

Logan: Please refrain from using symbols rather than words and from adding multiple duplicates of an unneeded letter onto a word when texting me, Thank You.

Virgil: The Puerto Rican boy who was really cool? I mean, I'm down, but like- what if we mess up in front of his parents? What if they don't accept me lololol

Logan: From What Patton has told us, Roman is Female-to-Male transgender. I also recall that  Roman has a single father and a brother back in Puerto Rico. I doubt his father will be shunning of you, Virgil. In fact, from what I have heard of him, I'm sure he would be most delighted that his son had managed to make any friends at all. 

Patton: Woah how do you know so much Logan?

Logan: I have my network of information from Mori, Kyoya, Monika, and Bonnie. I have also managed to have a one on one discussion with him while nobody was looking. We both don't ride a bus home much like most of our friends do, so daily we have a chance to converse.

Virgil: Wow thanks for letting us know. Maybe I should ride home with you next time and talk some more to Patton's man. He seemed nice and was chill about me being me and my anxious ass lmao.

Logan: Chill out

Patton: He's not my man! I just like him. I should go. Imma paint my nails and try to memorize this song.

Patton sttip from the couch, his bout of fanboying over already, and he went back to his chair. He turned his phone to a Cavetown song he loves. Call Patton basic, but his favorite album was Lemon Boy. He went instantly to Fool by Cavetown, hence why this chapter is titled Fool, and he started muttering the words under his breath. He painted each of his nails a bold, pretty color and he smiled. So it was settled. His two bestest friends out of all the friend groups he is a part of and the crush he dreamed of having during his first year of Highschool are actually going to get along. Maybe freshman year is going to be super awesome after all! And maybe, just maybe, he'll have a boyfriend through the entirety of Highschool!

Or... at least freshman year.

1262 Words

Thank you for reading! :) Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Remus

From now on it's all Remus all the time. I hope you understand and support me! 🧡