Skipping ~ P.1

Joe woke up to hear the usual sound of the shower. It was obviously Zoe. Around 2 minutes later Zoe walked out. "I've heard you've got an hour tonight with Dianne. What were you two up to then?" Zoe said, like she knew everything that is going on with Joe at the moment.
"Yeah I have. What does it matter to you?" Joe asked, starting to sound angry.
"Did you get it for bunking again Joseph?" Zoe asked.
"Yeah. Just because you're a goodie-two-shoes doesn't mean you wouldn't walk out of Spanish with your friend."
Joe added.
"Wait. Hold up. You walked out of Miss Brown's class?! You are dead meat today." Zoe said, very concerned of Joe at that point in time. Zoe walked out the room and Joe sat in silence until his alarm went off once again.

//
Dianne woke up to the sound of her usual alarm. She had made the courageous decision to not go to school today. She would get dressed, but just go to the park or something all day. She decided to text Joe on Instagram.

'Hey Joe. Just wanted to tell you that I'm not going in today. I'm just going to sit in the park. I don't know if you wanna join me or not. It's fine if you don't. ~Di 💓'

She got an almost immediate response back from him.

'Yeah. I'm coming with you. Are you getting changed into your school clothes or not? What time?'

'I'm getting changed into my school stuff, so it looks like I'm going to school. I'm going to the field bit of the park at 8:00. I'm bringing my bag aswell.'

'Ok see you there then. 😘'

Wait. Did Joe just send me the kissing emoji?

'This message has been deleted'

Surely he doesn't feel that way towards me. No one does.

//
'Oh my god' Joe thought to himself. He was scared.

He was scared for the fact that he would probably get rejected. Like all the times. He knows Dianne is the perfect match for him, but he will have to wait.

//
Forgetting about what just happened, Dianne got dressed and grabbed her bag. Once again, she skipped breakfast and ran out her door, acting like she was in a rush. She had a blanket, food, drinks and homework. They might aswell get their homework done at some point. She crossed the road without looking, because she really had just given up. She walked through the gates and saw where she wanted to sit. She walked over to the spot and sat down and took her blanket out of her school bag and waited for Joe.

//
Joe walked out the house before Zoe and decided not to tell her where he was going so she didn't tell their  parents. He sprinted across the road and took his phone out to call Dianne on Instagram, since he didn't have her number. A smile grew, slowly, across his face as he walked towards the park. He had realised that now he is going to spend the whole day talking to his best friend.

//
Dianne saw the familiar dirty blonde hair bouncing off his head, as he walked towards her. "Hello! You good?" Dianne basically shouted. "Yeah you?" Joe jogged towards her. He put his bag down and smiled. "Decent, actually. Did you tell Zoe that you are here with me?" Dianne questioned. "No. If I told her she would have snitched on me and told my mum. Knowing her she would spread round the whole school like it's a disease." Joe rolled his eyes. Dianne opened her bag and took out all the food she brought to the park. Crisps, chocolate, cakes, biscuits, you name it. A ping went off and Dianne thought it was her phone, so she started to panic. She quickly realised it was Joe's phone and it was a message from his mum.

'Hey Joey. Hope you have a good day at school xx Make sure you try your hardest and don't bunk anymore lessons. X love you x'

"Your mum's so sweet. I hope I get to meet her one day." Dianne looked at Joe with a smile. "I hope I get to meet yours as well. She raised you well." Dianne quickly looked down as she felt her face drop in front of Joe. "What's up?" Joe asked paranoid. "Oh nothing. I'm fine." Dianne murmured. "I've just realised that my parents are at work today until around half an hour after we finish school. Do you want to come to my house for the day?" Joe asked. "If you don't mind." Dianne replied.

Sorry I haven't updated in years. I just didn't know what to write and I've been super busy. Thank you if you are still reading this book. I appreciate it 💓💞