The Night After

Time skip.
6 months in the future.

Joe and Dianne were closer than ever. They trusted each other so much and now Dianne's found a way to sneak to Joe's house at least once a week. She loved it there. It had an amazing vibe to it and was pretty big for a family of 4. Joe's family was a second family to her. Tracey was so caring towards her, Graham was so funny and made her happy when she wasn't and Zoe is just insanely talented and is very fun to hang out with.

"Dianneeeeeeeeee! Dinner's ready!"

Dianne rushed down the stairs to see an amazingly decorated roast dinner. It looked delicious.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I really do get spoiled when I come over here."

"It's ok. What do you usually have for dinner at your house then Dianne?"

"I barely ever have dinner. And if I do, it would most likely, be a slice of bread or something like that."

"No wonder why you're so skinny darling."

"Well, I was anorexic at one point in my life. I've never really been able to gain the weight back that I lost from it."

"Just so I know, so you have any mental disorders or anything I should know about?"

"Yeah, I obviously had anorexia, so maybe keep an eye out for my eating habits an what I eat. I have anxiety, which I told you about at the bus stop. I'm also anaemic and I have low iron tablets I need to take."

"I completely forgot about your anxiety Dianne, I'm extremely sorry."

"It's alright. I think only 2 of my friends know, a couple teachers and you lot."

"Ok then. Right everyone, enjoy the meal."

—————

Dianne was back home and was sat in her room. She felt empty and miserable without Joe and his family by her side. She felt scared and anxious and, before she knew it, she was having a panic attack.

She couldn't breathe. Her chest was like it had knives being dug as far as they can go. She was crying. Shaking. Weak. She needed Joe. But she couldn't.

________

It was now the summer holidays and Dianne couldn't handle being at home anymore. She picked up her phone and called Joe. The first time he didn't pick up, but then he picked up after the second time.

"Hi Di, sorry I lost my phone and you helped me find it by ringing me."

"Ok. Can I come round to yours?"

"Yeah, sure."

"It's only because I had a massive panic attack yesterday and I can't really cope at home and I feel really calm at yours."

"That's fine Di."

"Thank you. I'll be round in 10."

"Cool, see ya Di."

"K. See ya Joey."

She put the phone down and grabbed her stuff. She walked down the stairs to see her brother cooking.

"Where are you going Dianne? You better not be going to see some boys."

"Not I'm not Brendan. I'm going to the shops."

"Yeah, to buy some pregnancy tests you hoe."

"Shut up Brendan."

Dianne walked out the door and was really relived once she left.