Chapter 1: Catching Up, Decisions and Joxer Awakens

Opening Scene: The scene is at Sedona Memorial Hospital. Doctors and nurses are working frantically on Police Chief Cortez, removing the arrow from her leg and abdomen. She is hooked up to wires and breathing tubes. "No damage to the leg.", says a doctor. "It didn't penetrate any nerves." 
"Blood pressure is steady." A nurse says.

A doctor looks at her liver with a grim look on his face, "The arrow did a number to  her liver." the doctor says, "She is going to need a transplant if she's going to survive. We need to tell her family."
————
In his Throne room, Athena looks at a screen while Ares has been filling her in on what has been happening globally since Xena killed her so long ago. "Fascinating Ares!" Athena says.  "All these Wars! And humanity has advanced not only in weapons, but warfare also!

"Yes! Isn't it thrilling!" Ares says with a smirk.

Athena turns to him, smirks then asks, "So why now, Ares? Why resurrect me after all this time?" Ares looks at her seriously, "I mean, don't get me wrong, Ares. I am grateful that I'm here, but why now?" Athena asks.

Ares walks around, stops, and looks at her and says, "Revenge!"

"Revenge? Who do you want revenge on?" Athena asks.

"Xena and Gabrielle!"  Ares says seriously.

Athena starts to laugh and says, "Ares, Xena, and Gabrielle are long gone!?!"

Ares gives her a sly smirk and says, "They're reborn again."

Athena gets a shocked look on her face and says, "Really!! Tell me more Ares!"

At the hospital, Kira, Xena, Gabrielle, McBain, and Shaw are in the waiting room. A large group of officers is also there but in the background. A doctor walks out of the ER and says, "Hello, are there any members of Maria Cortez's family here?"

"She has no family." Shaw says.

"No family what so ever!?!" the doctor asks in shock.

"No, why?" McBain says. "Is she ok!?!"

"The arrow to the leg didn't penetrate any nerves, but the one to her abdomen shredded forty percent of her liver." the doctor says. " She is going to need a liver transplant."

Everyone gets a sad look on their faces while a tear goes down Kira's face as she sits there in shock.

"Since she doesn't have any family, a reliable donor is out." the doctor says. "We are going to have to put her on a waiting list unless you know someone who maybe be a donor."

"You can test me!" Kira says, standing up, looking seriously at the doctor, "Test me, I'll be the donor."

"Aunt Kira, think about this before you jump into something like this!" Xena says to her seriously.

Kira looks at Xena and says, "Those arrows were meant for me! Ares didn't want to scare me; he wanted to kill me to distract you. Maria knocked me out, took those arrows, and saved my life! I owe this to her!" Kira looks at the doctor and says, "Once a perfect donor is found, then the liver can rejuvenate itself, right?"

"Yes, but time is of the essence though. A viable donor within 48 hours is the only thing that can save her life" the doctor says. "You would have to be a perfect match, blood type, and all."

"Test me!" Kira says.

"You can test me too." McBain says as he stands up.

"Me also," Shaw says. "She might not have a living family, but we are all she has."

"Ok, then. I will have the three of you go down to the lab." the doctor says.

"Are you sure about this, Aunt Kira?" Xena asks seriously.