Chapter 2: Cat & Mouse, Joxer Jacks and A Family Divided

In Ares throne room, Ares has just told his plan to Athena, who doesn't look too convinced. "Ares, this seems a little childish." she says as she paces back and forth. "I could be planning an attack on them right now."

"Athena, this isn't ancient times anymore." Ares says. "This plan will make Xena and Gabrielle realize that what happened at the warehouse didn't stop me."

Athena walks around, thinks for a moment then says, "So, this will be like a game of sorts." 

"Think of this as a game of cat and mouse!" Ares says with a smirk on his face. "Only a modern version. Let me show you something called technology. You'll love it!"

"I will?" Athena asks, unconvinced.

Ares gives her a smirk and says, "In today's world, technology and warfare go hand in hand." Athena gives Ares a smile of approval.

Meanwhile In his hospital room, a doctor looks over Joxer checking all of his vitals asking him certain questions as Xena and Gabrielle look on. "Everything looks good." the doctor says. "If the pain in your shoulder gets worse though, let us know and we'll give you some stronger meds." The doctor then looks at Xena and Gabrielle and says, "I would also like to have an CAT scan done to his brain, just in case his there is no damage done." He then looks back and says, "Is that alright Mr. Joxer?" Joxer shakes his head yes and then the doctor leaves the room.

Xena and Gabrielle stared at him with concerned looks on their faces. "So Joxer, do you have any memories of being Lester at all?" Xena asks.

"I don't know." Joxer says, "Things are still foggy. I do know that I'm Joxer the Mighty."

Gabrielle pulls Xena aside and says, "Let's ask him some questions only Joxer would know."

They turn around and look at him "Joxer, what's my weapon of choice?" Xena asks.

"Your sword, but your main weapon was your Chakram." he says. "Do you still have it?"

"Yeah." Xena says.

"And what was my weapon of choice?" Gabrielle asks.

"Your fighting staff from the Amazons." Joxer says. "And your sais. You kicked ass with those! You still have them, right?"

"Yes. Yes I do." Gabrielle says.

"Name my horse." Xena says.

"Argo!" Joxer says.

"When we first met, what happened?" Gabrielle asks.

"I tried to kidnap you to gain Callisto's trust, but you ended up kicking my ass." Joxer says.

"Which of my doppelgängers did you end up with?" Xena asks.

Joxer gets a flirty smile on his face and says, "Meg! Is she here!?!"

"God, I hope not." Xena says under her breath.

Gabrielle gets a smirk on her face, looks at him, and asks, "Joxer, have you ever been in love with me?"

Joxer blushes tenderly, smiles at Gabrielle, and says, "I was very much in love with you. Your free spirit, the stories that you told, and the way that you just captivate people where ever we went made me fall head over heal in love with you." He looks down then looks back at Gabrielle and Xena with a serious look and says, "But you made it clear, we could only be friends. Your path is and always will be with Xena." 

Suddenly, there's a knock at the door and Kira walks in, "Hi! I heard Lester is awake." she says as she walks over to Xena and Gabrielle. She looks at Joxer and says, "Hey Les! How are you feeling?"