Chapter 5: Thoughts, Good News and Mind Games

Later that night, Xena and Gabrielle are cuddling on the couch. Xena kisses Gabriele's head and senses that something is troubling her. "You've been quiet since we got home. What's wrong?" Xena asks.

"Yesterday at the hospital, I got a weird text." Gabrielle says looking at Xena.

Xena looks at her and says, "What did it say?"

Gabrielle pulls out her phone and shows Xena the text. Xena reads it and gets a strange look on her face. "Then I wasn't watching what I was doing and bumped into a nurse, knocking her charts down. I helped her pick them up, apologized, glanced up at her, and.." Gabrielle says.

"What happened?" Xena asks.

"I looked at her, and she looked like Ares one sister, Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and Warfare." Gabrielle says. "She then gave me an evil look and said accidents happen. Xena, I froze, like I seen a ghost from the past.

"I got a weird text, also." Xena says as she hands her phone to Gabrielle, who then reads the text. "At first, I thought it was Ares." Xena says. "I was getting on the elevator to go to Joxer's room and then I bumped into someone. I apologized, glanced up, and seen the same nurse. She gave me an evil smile as the door closed. I quickly opened it again, and she was gone."

Gabrielle gets a weird look on her face and says, "We made it to that room in the warehouse in time, right?"

Xena gets up and starts pacing back and forth and says, "I'm positive we did!"

"You think Ares is just messing with us?" Gabrielle asks. "He would do something like this. He's morphed into humans before."

Suddenly Aphrodite appears to them and says, "Hey, my warrior babes! Got some good news."

"What is it?" Xena asks.

"Gabrielle, I was able to reach out to your mom." Aphrodites says smiling at her. "I explained everything to her, told her who you were, how you lived your life, and why you and Xena are reincarnated."

Gabrielle stood up and asked, "What happened? What did she say?" "

After actually showing her what you two did in your past lives, she believed me!" Aphrodite says happily.

Gabrielle smiles and gives her a big hug, "Thank you, Dite!!" she says. "That's amazing! I can't believe you got through to her!"

"Well, there's something you need to know." Aphrodite says as Gabrielle gives her a strange look. "She told me that when you were Abigail, around five years old, your parents use to read to you, but you actually ended up telling them stories."

Gabrielle looks off with a weird look on her face. "As Abigail, you told both your parents about the adventures you both went on!" Aphrodite says smiling. "Then we seen an old picture you drew when you were a kid. It was a picture you drew at age six. It was of Xena and you. At a young age, both Abigail and you appeared to your mom. At first, she thought it was Abigail's imagination, but deep down, she knew it was you."

Gabrielle smirks and says, "I remember! Damn, I remember!" Xena smiles at Gabrielle.

"She's ok with everything." Aphrodite says. "Even the relationship you both have." Gabrielle gets a little teary-eyed as Xena and her hug.

"That's great!" Xena says.

Gabrielle takes a breath, gets a serious look on her face, and says, "My dad will never accept us."

"Give him time Little One," Aphrodite says.

Xena looks at Aphrodite and says, "We have another favor to ask of you."