Chapter 8: An Unlikely Alliance, Coming Together and A Game Changer

Later that day, Xena and Gabrielle stand outside the cabin when suddenly Aphrodite and Athena appear to them. Athena, Xena, and Gabrielle break out their weapons and seriously stare each other down ready to strike.

"Can you three just chill out for this?!?!" Aphrodite yells.

"We don't trust you." Xena says to Athena.

"I don't trust you two either." Athena says.

Aphrodite cuts in and says, "Can you three just put away your weapons right now! Our main goal is to stop Ares!" She looks at all three in a pissed off mood then says, "Now, does anyone have a plan on how we can stop him?"

Athena, Xena, and Gabrielle put away their weapons and Xena says to Athena, "Well, you're on the inside, why don't you gain his trust and use your wisdom to talk him into telling you his plan."

"He will sence that I am tricking him." Athena says.

"Well, have you seen or heard anything out of the ordinary from him." Gabrielle asks. "Something that signals that he's holding something back."

"No, he's kept to himself." Athena says.

Xena looks at Athena suspiciously and asks, "Why did he convince you to play mind tricks on Gabrielle and me?"

"He said it was to get back at you Xena what happened during the twilight." Athena says.

"Do you really think Ares wanted revenge for the twilight when it happened so long ago!" Xena says seriously.

"Something isn't right here." Aphrodite says as she starts pacing around. She then looks at Athena and asks, "Are you sure he hasn't been hiding something?"

"Come on Athena you're the Goddess of Wisdom, you're supposed to know everything!" Gabrielle says as she gives her a taunting look. "Or did that part of you stay dead when Ares brought you back to life."

Athena gets out her sword while Gabrielle grabs her Sais out and gets in position to strike. Both Xena and Aphrodite get in between the two and separate them.

"Ok!! Calm down! Now!" Aphrodite says angrily. "You three hate each other, I get it! But can you call a truce to one, possibly save humanity?" She then looks at Athena and says, "And two to save you from possibly dying again."

Aphrodite then looks at Xena and Gabrielle and says, "I know you think this is going against everything you two fought for, and in a way it kind of is. But Athena is alive again and even though it doesn't look like it she's scared. Plus we don't even know if Ares can send her back to the spirit realm. But right now, I have my sister back."

Aphrodite then looks at Athena and says, "What happened was in the past, you can't change it and what's done is done. But you're here again and in a way, you've been giving a second chance. Your wisdom and insight could help in this new era. And yes war is war, but you can use both your wisdom and knowledge of warfare and make a difference in this new era. Listen Athena, I had to change with the times. Everyone still loves and adores me, but there are times when you need to look past what you use to be and discover the person you can be."

Aphrodite looks at the three and then says, "We need to ban together and stop Ares from going through whatever plans he has. We need to nip this in the butt and destroy his plans before they ever start. Now, can everyone play nice and band together to stop him!!!"

Xena and Gabrielle look at each other, realizing Aphrodite was right. They look at Dite and Athena and Xena says, "Ok, you're right. We need to work together on this. We're in."

Athena looks at Aphrodite, smiles and says, "You have truly gained wisdom my sister."

Athena then looks at Xena and Gabrielle and says, "I give you two my word, I will help and I promise that I won't turn on you."