Chapter 7: A Unlikely Request and A Chat From Home

Later that day, Xena and Gabrielle walk into the cabin, and they sit on the couch. Gabrielle snuggles up to Xena and says, "I'm so glad everything worked out."

"Cortez still has a long recovery ahead of her." Xena says. "But now, with the transplant, she will make a full recovery."

"Kira is so amazing." Gabrielle says. "To selflessly donate part of her liver to save Cortez, in my eyes, she's a hero."

Xena smiles as she kisses her forehead and says, "That she is Gabrielle."

All of a sudden, Aphrodite appears. She looks at them and says, "Hi ladies, sorry if I'm disturbing you, but I have some news."

Xena and Gabrielle stands up and Gabrielle asks, "What is it?"

"Athena is alive." Aphrodite says seriously. Xena and Gabrielle looks at Aphrodite shocked as she then says "When you two got to the warehouse and Ares had the idol, he summoned Athena's name." Aphrodite says as Xena starts to pace back and forth.

"Are there any more alive?" Gabrielle asks, confused.

"I don't know." Aphrodite says. "But Ares is blackmailing Athena."

Xena gives Aphrodite a strange look and asks, "Why?"

"To get back at you for rejecting him." Aphrodite says.

Xena and Gabrielle give her a confused look and Xena says with anger in her voice, "What! Are you serious!"

"Yes, I'm totally serious." Aphrodite says. "He first told her his version on why you two were reborn again."

"I can only imagine what he told her," Gabrielle says, annoyed.

"Then he convinced her to help him play mind games on you two. She started to have second thoughts, but then Ares threaten to get rid of her if she didn't go along with his plans."

"Why is he doing this?" Xena asks.

"I don't know. Ares told her that he wanted them to take over the world again, but I think it's about something else." Aphrodite says.

"Well I did kill her." Xena says.

And you're still not her favorite person Xena. "Aphrodite says. "I tried to convince her that Ares is only using her to get back at you."

"Did it work?" Gabrielle asks. 

"I don't know." Aphrodite says as she starts to pace back and forth. She stops in front of them and says, "She is scared right now. Ares has her convinced that if she doesn't help him take over the world, he will send her back to the spirit realm."

"Can he do that?" Gabrielle asks.

"I don't know. I don't even know if she fully has her powers again." Aphrodite says.

"If she retains her powers again, she can do some serious damage." Xena says seriously.

"That's why I have a favor to ask you two." Aphrodite says.

Xena and Gabrielle look at her strangely, and Xena says, "What kind of favor?"

"If we can get her on our side, we can take Ares down before he even decides to go full-blown on his plans to take over the world, or whatever his plan is."

"What! Hold on a sec!" Xena says, shocked. "Are you asking us to form an alliance with Athena?"

"Dite, did you forget that she had the furries mess with my head, and I almost killed Eve!" Gabrielle says angrily.

"And then I almost ended up killing Gabrielle!" Xena says.

"I didn't forget." Aphrodite says.

"She is the Goddess of Warfare Aphrodite!" Xena says.