Chapter 9: The Park

Natasha was sitting under a tree in the park with the sun in the perfect position when a shadow fell over her book. She sighed and closed her book.
"Felix, what do you want?"
Felix handed her a small pink-wrapping paper-wrapped box and answered, "Just your heart, Princess. I mean, I'd accept a kiss too, but I feel like that's asking for too much." Natasha kept her smile back, just barely.
"Unfortunately, we're not in 'Once Upon a Time,' so I can't exactly rip out my heart and give it to you. What is this and why does it have my name on it? It's not my birthday." The corners of Felix's mouth turned upward.
"Just something I made for you in the metalworking shop. Go ahead, open it." Natasha rolled her eyes and pulled the wrapping paper apart carefully. She opened the small box slowly, and her mouth opened slightly.
"Oh, Felix, it's... it's beautiful." Inside the box was a small necklace with a heart-shaped locket, the words "I might be in love with you" engraved on it. She opened the locket carefully and a tiny heart charm fell out, a piece of paper with it. Natasha unfolded the paper, and in cursive writing, fancy enough that it took her a minute to read, was written, "I'm giving you my heart. Can I have yours?"
She looked up at Felix's smiling face. He even seemed a bit shy.
"Well, Princess? Will you go out on a date with me?" Natasha had shivers from head to toe. She had never felt this way before, and she wondered for half a second if she should listen to her head. But she was a very emotional person, and she knew what her heart wanted.
Butterflies in her stomach, she handed the necklace to Felix to put on her, turned around, and said quietly, "If you stop conspiring with my best friends to make me like you more, and you promise to give me my books back afterward, then I would love to." Felix kissed the top of her head.
"Of course, Princess."

Ella walked back from her majorette practice, sweaty and tired. She decided to stop by the park to spy on Felix and Natasha. She peeked around a tree as soon as she saw them. They were sitting next to each other, Natasha's face pink from blushing, and Felix laughing at her expression. Ella smirked. "Looks like Makeup Missy is getting her Prince Charming," she muttered, and walked to the dorm room.

Two hours later, Natasha's phone rang. She jumped when her ringtone came up, and looked at it guiltily.
"It's my mom," she told Felix. He nodded with a mischievous expression on his face. She glared at him, and added, "Don't you dare embarrass me." He nodded quickly— too quickly. But she answered the phone, still glaring playfully at him. "Hi, Mama. Yes, I love it here."
Felix could hear the faint voice of Natasha's mom on the phone, and he whispered in her other ear, "I hope she doesn't think I'm some kind of creeper." Natasha burst into giggles before she could stop herself.
"No! Mama, I'm paying attention. No, I'm not with my roommates. I'm at the park. Yes, I'm actually outside. I'm reading. Oh, I laughed because my... um, my friend said something funny. Er... yes. He's cool. Annoying, yes, but— Yeah. Mmhmm. Okay, go pick Damian up from football practice. He can call me later. Love you. Bye." Natasha hung up her phone and turned to Felix. "Why'd you make me laugh? My mom asked who I was with! Why are you smirking?" Felix had a huge smile on his face.
"We're friends, Princess?" Natasha sighed.
"I couldn't find another word for it other than 'stalker', and that would make my mom worried. So yes, I suppose we could count as friends."
Felix's smile grew bigger as he suggested, "You could call us going steady, dating, even boyfriend." Natasha thought of a comeback, couldn't think of one, and stood up.
"I should get something to eat." Felix caught her arm.
"Want to get dinner with me, Princess? I know this amazing Chinese food place." Natasha figured that the girls had told him that she liked Chinese food, although she never remembered telling them that.
"Did they tell you I liked Chinese food?"
Felix, with a surprised expression, answered, "No, you wrote it on your get-to-know-me paper in Newspaper the first day." Natasha was shocked he even remembered that.
"Then yes, I'd love to get dinner with you. You're driving, though. I'm 17, and I haven't had my license long enough to feel safe driving."
Felix laughed. "So Princess is afraid of driving? Good to know." He picked up her book. "Come, Princess. Let's get there before the rush starts."

Author's note: Sorry this one is slightly shorter than normal, I wasn't sure what to write. I've never stuck with a story this long before, so I take this as an achievement so far. What do you think is going to happen at dinner?
Is Natasha's brother going to call at an awkward time?
Is Felix finally going to get that kiss?
Are the rest of the girls going to get a love interest?
You'll find out later!
Loves to all
❤️, Nat