Chapter 10: Planning for a Date

Felix held the door open for Natasha as they stepped into the Chinese food place. It was small, but it smelled of delicious food, and although Natasha didn't want to admit it, she knew she would enjoy having dinner with Felix.

Felix's point of view
Wow, she's amazing, he thought as he watched Natasha look around the small restaurant. "This table, Princess?" he suggested. She nodded and sat down opposite him. I wish she would've sat on the same side as me, he thought before he could restrain himself. But he kept himself busy by looking at her over the table instead. Natasha opened the menu, and asked him a question. He didn't hear what she said, as he was paying attention to the small thin braids in her long thick hair.
"Felix! Are you paying attention?" she demanded. Felix snapped out of his trance. He nearly laughed at the obviously fake scowl on her face.
"Yes, Princess. I was paying attention. What did you ask?" Natasha rolled her beautiful brown eyes.
"I asked you if you wanted to share something or get separate meals." Felix was surprised that she didn't blush as she said that, and she was still waiting for an answer.
"I don't see any reason why we shouldn't share something. Chow mein?"
Natasha nodded and answered, "Sweet and sour chicken and potstickers too." They ordered and Felix went back to following all of the braids and the small pins in her hair with his eyes.

Natasha's point of view

Natasha noticed his eyes looking at her hair and she pushed a lock of it behind her ear self-consciously. "So why did you want to take me on a date, Felix? I'm not like those other girls, I won't date anything that has muscles and is willing to go all the way. I'm not exactly hot either." Felix brought his brown eyes to hers, and she was surprised to notice that his eyes had a few green specks in them.
"Princess, don't put yourself down. You're beautiful. I wanted to date you because you have an interesting personality. You read so much you should be made of words, and although you seem like you should be one of those quiet girls who sits in the back reading, barely talking, you have a loud personality and aren't afraid of showing it."
Natasha felt her cheeks go hot. "I— thank you... I guess? I mean, I'm not exactly experienced with this sort of thing. I'm confused about my own feelings." Felix nodded, a small smile on his face.
"Don't worry, Princess, after a while, those feelings will become less confusing. You get used to it."

Bella was on her phone, reading, when Ella burst into the dorm room, yelling, "I think Nat and Felix are eating dinner together! They're both fucking adorable children!"

June looked up from her book. "Wait, she actually accepted?!" Ella nodded enthusiastically. "How do you know?!"

Ella caught her breath finally and sat down on her bed. "I saw him helping Nat into a car and they drove towards that Chinese food place!" Bella put her phone down.

"I hope they end up together, then they can be our real life OTP!" Bella declared. Ella and June nodded in agreement.

Natasha laughed as Felix told her a story about high school. "After that, I could never go back into those locker rooms without thinking of pudding."
Natasha finally started breathing normally again. "Oh gods, that's both disgusting and absolutely hilarious at the same time," she giggled.
Felix stared at Natasha, who was smiling at him. She was prettier than she thought, with freckles all across her nose and under her eyes. He noticed that she was only wearing a bit of makeup, but not as if she was trying hard. Her hair was messy from riding in the car with his windows open, and he longed to twirl it in his fingers.
Natasha watched as he stood up after he payed the bill (he had insisted, although she tried hard). He was much taller than her, and he held out his hand to her. She took it shyly, and they walked out of the restaurant slowly, holding hands, his fingers interlaced with hers.
They walked towards the car when Natasha looked up at him and asked, in the light from the street lamps, "Can we walk around for a bit? I'm not quite ready for... for this night to be over. I'm having a lot of fun." Felix smiled.
"Of course, Princess. I know a beautiful place to walk around at."
He led her towards a small bridge over a river. They watched the river flow for a little bit, silently wishing the other would speak.
Natasha wondered how in the world he had won her heart so easily. She wasn't one of those stereotypical, cliche romantic girls who would kiss someone she didn't like at first after a first date, was she? She liked the way he made her feel, even if she hadn't earlier. What was happening to her "I don't like him" attitude?
Felix snuck glances at the girl next to him. She wasn't who he would've expected to fall in love with (yes, he had definitely fallen in love) when he came to college. She was feisty, but shy at the same time, kind, but willing to hurt someone's feelings if it meant keeping her friends and herself safe, and she had actually accepted a date after talking to him for more than 2 hours. She was so amazingly beautiful, even though he knew how cliche that sounded. She wasn't a normal beautiful, she was beautiful in a way that not everyone would notice. Felix noticed that she was shivering a bit in the slight wind. She was obviously from a warmer part of the country from the way that she dressed for warmer weather in Oregon.

Natasha was freaking cold, okay? She was a California girl. It wasn't supposed to be 50 freaking degrees Fahrenheit in the middle of October! And she was wearing shorts and a tank top. She felt something warm fall over her shoulders, and she looked up, startled, to see Felix wrapping a sweater around her. It was too big, of course, but she snuggled into the warmth, and she was surprised to find that the smell of it made her enjoy it even more. It smelled like Felix, she noticed, of Redwood trees and cinnamon and a little bit of... pumpkin spice?

Felix saw Natasha cuddle the sweater around her, and he smiled. "Princess, you really should've worn something warmer in October, but at least it gave me an excuse to let you wear my sweater." He saw her cheeks grow a bit pink.
"I'm not saying I like it, or it's romantic or anything, but thank you. I'm a lot warmer now," she whispered. He looked down at her, as she stared into his face.
Natasha couldn't believe what she was doing, but she knew what she was feeling. She knew what she wanted to do. She snuck a glance at his lips, curved into a smile as he looked at her, and she went onto her tippy toes.

Felix knew what she wanted, and he was happy to oblige. He leaned down just enough so that their faces were right in front of each other. He breathed in her smell mixed with his, with vanilla and chocolate and... flowers? Mixed with a bit of pumpkin spice from his sweater.
They both leaned in, as they wished and hoped the other would do the same.
Natasha brought her lips to his, and she thought fireworks were going through her brain.
Felix knew this was love. He knew it was perfect.
They kissed.

Author's note: I'm sorry, do you KNOW me?! You know I wanted them to kiss the minute they met. You're lucky I waited this long. Oh! Forgot to mention! The college should have a dance. Anyone else agree?

If not, too bad. They are totally going to a dance.

Loves to all
❤️, Nat