Chapter 19: The Events Get Tricky

Sorry, I'm bad at updating. Anyway. No one shared opinions for the relationships... so here we go. I think I know what I'm doing... but do I really? I doubt it. Anyway.

Natasha was extremely conflicted. Her feelings for Tatiana seemed to be fading, but she didn't know if that was because she hadn't seen her in a while, or if she just really wanted to stay with Felix. She didn't do anything, though, because she knew something she could focus on. Bella had no idea what to answer to James.

Bella was terrified that she would mess things up. She had only met James that day, but she really wanted to see him again. She was about to answer, "Absolutely" when Ella suddenly took away her phone. "Hey," Bella protested. "Why'd you take my phone? I know what I want to answer."

June was the one who answered. "I'm not exactly the expert at love advice, that's Natasha's call. But I think we should meet this guy before we let you go out with him. After all, he made a bad movie joke. I can't be sure about him."

Ella nodded. "I definitely don't know about love advice either, but June is right. What kind of guy gives a girl his number right away?"

Natasha took the phone next. "Look, guys, I think this is Bella's love life. What do you want to do, Bella? Do you want to go on a date with this guy?"

Bella blushed. "Um, I'm not sure. This girl came up to me afterwards and told me to stay away from her ex. She kinda scared me."

Ella's mouth fell open. "You've killed snakes, Bells. Why would you be scared of some bitchy girl who warns you to stay away from a guy you like?"

Bella looked down awkwardly. "I don't know."

Emily hated it when girls hit on her ex. If he was going to dump her because of something she mentioned ONCE, she wasn't about to let him have happiness in love until they got back together. She sipped her iced coffee and smiled at him through the window of the coffee shop where he worked. She knew he didn't get off of work for another hour, so she could watch him work with those amazing blonde curls and well-toned muscles for a while before he would notice her.

Her friend Amanda came up to her and told her that the girl from earlier had taken the napkin with James' number from the garbage. Emily sneered. That girl would be trouble, but Emily could deal with her. She definitely wasn't as pretty as Emily and her hair was a mess.

Emily had a plan. She just had to make sure both James and the ugly girl would be at the party that night.

Bella had been sitting on her bed with her friends fussing over her for the past hour. Natasha had been thinking of a good response for James for a while, and Bella was handed her phone with this in the typing bar:

Bella: James, I'd like to get to know you a bit better before we go on a date or anything. How about we meet for coffee tomorrow instead?

Bella nodded. "This is good, Nat. How do you manage this?"

Natasha laughed. "I've had a lot of experience with figuring out other people's texts."

Bella pressed send and got a response very quickly.

James: Okay, but I'd like you to come with me to a party tonight then. Good with you?

Ella took the phone. "Oh gods, a party? Bella, at a party?" Bella took her phone back.

"Excuse me? I've been to parties!" Bella retorted. June laughed.

"Yeah, but you aren't exactly known as a party girl. You're the farm girl, remember? If we expected anyone to go to a party, it'd probably be Els or Nat."