5: Self Introductions

"I'm not good enough

"I'm not good enough. I'll never be good enough. You could tell me I'm wrong, but I'll never believe you."

- - - - -

Back at Seoul University, Namjoon loosens his tie, letting out a long sigh.

He wipes the lesson from the board, and slowly gets his things together to leave for the day. However, just as he was about to leave the room, he gets a ring from his phone.

He inspects the caller ID, and swiftly accepts the call.

"You've got Kim Namjoon."

A male voice starts speaking from the other end of the line.

"Sir, the test subjects for the experiment have been brought together. Furthermore, they have all been successfully linked. You were right to start this up again, it seems to be going well so far."

"Good. Please keep my identity a secret for now. They don't need to know everything yet, and Rose will stand in my place when it comes to information and queries from the test subjects." Namjoon responds.

"Understood Sir. Rose plans on giving them their first mission assignment tonight."

"Great. I look forward to hearing the results. Thank you for calling."

Namjoon takes the phone away from his ear, hanging up the call and slipping the device into his bag. He walks over to the classroom window, looking out to the distant island where he knew the kids were situated on.

"Good luck to you all," he whispers under his breath, "You're the start of a new future."

- - - - -

"Welcome to The Bangtan Experiment."

Rose's voice rings out through the silent hospital hallway, all of you still on the ground frozen in a mix of confusion and fear.

You remain staring at your scarred wrist, lightly tracing over the crude lightning bolt with your fingertips.

Yeah, that was looking permanent.

Rose speaks up again over the speaker, snapping you out of a stupor.

"I know this is a lot to process, but we must keep moving forward. As members of The Bangtan Experiment, you'll be put through a series of "missions," which you will all have to complete together in order to pass. We must pass each mission stage to move on to the next, and if you all make it through, we promise to lift this bond within you all."

Jungkook scrunched his eyebrows together, being the first to slowly stand up.

"So she's saying... this can all be undone if we just complete all these missions?" he speaks.

"Yes," Rose responds, making him jump.

"Hey! You can hear us?!" he says in disbelief.

"Yes, I can. Microphone feeds are attached to the loudspeakers throughout this building, as well as video footage. I can see you all clearly."