11: Jennie and Yoongi

"The longer you keep something bottled up, the more painful it's going to feel when that bottle explodes. And believe me, you can't prevent that happening, no matter how hard you try."

- - - - -

Namjoon sat at the head of a long conference table, large monitors surrounding him with images of the maze, and the Bangtans that were about to enter.

"Do we have the hallucination gas up and running in there?" Namjoon asked to a man sitting in the chair to his left.

"It should be up and running soon, sir. It's enough to make them see things, but not enough to knock them out, as you requested."

Namjoon ran a hand through his hair, nodding approvingly.

"This should start to get interesting soon, in that case." he said, crossing his legs and leaning back in his chair, ready to see the results of the mission.

- - - - -

Jennie and Yoongi stood together in front of their door, Jennie standing with arms crossed against her chest. Yoongi didn't bother asking if she was ready, and decided to just get this over with by opening the door.

As soon as the door was opened, they were greeted with a long, straightforward path that ended at a distant wall, the high walls still made up of roses, roping vines and thorns.

Jennie immediately started the walk forward, with Yoongi close behind her. The long, straight path consisted of dead silence, with only the sounds of their footsteps making any noise.

Yoongi proceeded to keep a close watch on the walls around them, while also thinking that he was smelling something faintly... strange.

But he decided it must be in his head.

He continued to follow Jennie, who walked down different paths, occasionally touching dead ends and turning around, all without a single word spoken. Yoongi finally decided he needed to take some initiative.

"So... you've killed someone?"

Jennie briefly hesitated in her stride, but soon composed herself and continued walking, not looking back at him.

"I haven't. I said that as a joke, if that wasn't clear to you before. You should pay better attention."

Yoongi laughed lightly, smiling at the back of her head. "Well... there's not even a little bit of truth to it?"

"Even if there was, I wouldn't open up about anything with you if you were the last person on earth."

"Well, it seems like you feel that way about everyone else, too. I have a feeling you don't exactly talk about your feelings with... anyone? If I'm getting that right?" he responded smugly.