8: Neighbors

"We only feel the impact of pain

"We only feel the impact of pain. So, in theory, if one of us kept hurting... there would be no way for the rest of us to know."

- - - - -

Everyone was stone silent.

You felt your fingertips go numb.

K...Killed someone?

Suddenly, the silence was broken by a long sigh from Jennie, who briefly looked down, only to look back up again with a completely different expression.

"...I'm kidding. Don't take that so seriously." she said flatly.

You raised an eyebrow.

Everyone seemed to shift around awkwardly, not knowing what to say after a statement like that.

Even if it was a joke, why would she say it?

Jennie directed her attention to Rose.

"Alright. I've seemed to come to terms with the situation we're in," she began, "And I want to know how we're meant to get out of it."

"Well, the current plan is we hope to see you all survive this coming summer together, and if all the missions you preform prove successful, the Bangtans will disband." Rose responded.

"How will we know when we have another mission?" Taehyung asked.

"I think that's enough questions for today. More will become known as we go along." Rose answered as she headed back to the fire truck, entering through one of the side doors.

"Hey, wait a minute! You can't leave! We all have more questions!" Lisa spoke up.

Rose didn't respond, instead, closed the door to the truck she entered, the suited men following suit as they all occupied the trucks around the premises and drove away from the scene.

"Well..." Jennie spoke up, "Guess that can't be helped. We might as well all go home for now."

"Wait, you never even did a real self introduction, how is that allowed?" Jungkook said, eyebrow raised.

Jennie begins to walk home, but briefly turns back around at Jungkook's inquiry.

"Well... you all should've noticed my secret by now."

You, along with the others, seemed confused.

"...I have a terrible personality. And thus, I have no friends."

And with that, she turns back around, walking away.

Yoongi smirks.

"Well, that's great. So we're just supposed to walk all the way back home?" Jungkook said with a sigh.

The group collectively groaned at that realization.

- - - - -

Meanwhile, in another more-renovated and modern hospital room, there was a man watching the entire series of events unfold in front of him.