❄Chapter 6❄

You may continue.....

My breathe escaped rapidly out of my nostrils as Jordan's gaze lasted longer than it should__ on me.

"Yeah" Benjamin was now standing. "Are you ready yourself ?."

Jordan's eyes averted from me to Ben and comfort swept through my veins."yeah" his face held an unconvincing smile "let's go."

They walked side by side towards Jordan's black range Rover, nosily letting the doors meet their thresholds as they hopped in.
The car roared to life almost immediately, picking up its speed and halting once at the gate, letting out a deafening "honk" sound.

My hands moved up to my ear slightly covering it.
Today was certainly not the day I wanted to go deaf.
The gate keeper dashed out of his apartment almost stumbling as he opened the gate.
Watching him, my hands left my ear.
The car rammed out of the compound, through the opened gate leaving Abdul cursing under his breathe as he closed back the gate, finding his way into his house.

I turned to my side, my eyes meeting Tess. She stood leaning, hands on the counter as she talked her life out to one of the waiters.

When in the last ten minutes did she get here?.

I cleared my throat.
"Hey Tess."

She scoffed "So you greet?."

"yeah, not like we're enemies or something"

"What did you say?" She was now backing the counter, her elbows gently placed on it as her whole senses awaited answers amidst different actions.
Eyes narrowed, nose scrunched, ears perked and mouth twitching with disgust. I observed.

I gulped down the lump that had formed in my throat, trying hard to sound indifferent. " I said..." I began, finding it hard to finish."not like we're enemies or something."

"You don't know?" Her expression pitched into amusement with her lips simply pursed.

I was stupid to think she meant good."what?"

"I hate you.." she began, disgust and disdain finding its way back to her features "I hate you SO MUCH, and because I hate you...., we're so much more than just being mere enemies."
Finishing her statement and furiously blinking her fake lashes at me, she stormed out of the bar.

"What's up princess?" Kedei's voice didn't give me time to let out a sigh or think over my life after Tess stormed off.

"Nothing really" I muttered, unconsciously rubbing my temple with my palm.

"Nothing?" The look in her face was priceless,"I literally heard everything.."her voice softened "she didn't really mean that, you know"

I let out a sad chuckle finding her words hard to believe."you can tell me more"I muttered.

She punched me playfully, letting a light chuckle escape her lip " am serious, she doesn't mean it."

"How's your boyfriend?" I teased, really wanting to change the subject.

Her pupils dilated and her mouth for a while, stood agape, without producing words and then as if something had suddenly bit her, she ran over to me, occupying the next seat and landing a quick punch on my arm.

I squirmed on my chair, gently rubbing my arm "ouch"

"Who told you he's my boyfriend?" She asked instead, ignoring my painful state, her light skinned face turning crimson, by the second.

Both categories of pain I felt weren't there anymore as my arms wrapped against my chest, a smirk finding its way to the corner of my lips on cue " who knew kedei will ever like someone?" I feigned wonder.

"I don't like him...." She whined and I laughed.

"You're making it obvious that you do sweetheart,___ denial's the first stage" I grinned like I was soon gonna get out of grins." I didn't know you have a girly coin left in you"

She cocked a brow, a dark one at that "what does that mean?"

"Kedei mhi, am messing with you." I said, smiling sweetly.

She placed her hand on her chest gently, opening her mouth in feigned awe "Aww, she called me her love, how cute."

"Kedei..."she didn't let me finish

"Wait!" She shot out her hand signalling a 'stop', a smile never failing to get on her face "are you calling me love or my name?" She heaved, slowly starting a fresh smile " i wanna know."

I smiled, getting her joke, "uhm well am calling you by your name, I didn't add mhi remember?" I was heading somewhere else " Ben will add that all his life"

I really thought I saw something sweep through her face, but then it disappeared, and for the third time I received a punch on my arm from the same person.

"Stop that" she chuckled,"I can't wait to tease you with someone you like Cess."

My mind spun to Jordan.
Thank goodness she told me.

"Oh, so you admit you like him" I smirked.

Her lips pursed into a smile and nodding vigorously, she beamed.
"yeah."

So sweeties, what do you think of this chapter?
Do you think kedei and Ben will make a cute couple?
And has Tess hatred on Mia gone too far?

comment your thought guys... And don't forget to vote.
That'll mean a lot to me.

Love...

💕
Sylvia Fred